As per report from National Family Health Survey (NFHS-4), one-fifth of Indian women, or 20.7% to be precise, in the age group of 15-49 are overweight. The country's most apprehensive health survey also shows that 31.3% or almost a third of urban women obese, while 15% of rural women are overweight.
Overall, 20.7% women in the country were found to be overweight or obese during NFHS-4 in comparison to 12.6% during the NFHS-3 a jump of nearly 60%. Meanwhile the figures are even starker for men with the proportion of overweight men being doubled over the last 10 years. As per the survey, as much as 18.6% of men (15-49 years) are obese up from 9.3 in 2005-06. Worldwide, obesity has more than doubled since 1980, according to the World Health Organization (WHO).
Moreover overweight and obesity are linked to more deaths worldwide than underweight and generally, obesity is caused by sedentary lifestyles physical inactivity, unhealthy diet and eating habits. Obesity is preventable. By making healthier choices, such as, following a healthy eating plan and exercising daily can help prevent overweight and obesity.
Sonali Bendre had fun with Hrithik Roshan Family last weekend Reportedly Bollywood actress Sonali Bendre has emerged one of the strongest women in the industry and continues to inspire us with her posts. Meanwhile it was in July 2018 that the actress took to Instagram to share that she has been diagnosed with high-grade cancer that had metastized.
- Lilly Singh becomes First Indian Women to host late night show
- One-fifth of Indian women in the age group of 15-49 are overweight
- Indian Women work-wear redefined
- Why only 9% Indian Women feel Indian Public transport is safe?
- Indias Most Dynamic & Energetic Women in Politics
- Has actress Priyanka Chopra confirmed her pregnancy?
- Pakistan Women sending message to Indian Women saying 'Say No to War'
- What type of Men do Indian Women prefer?