True political representation of women cannot be ensured unless preferences of women get significant attention. The adverse sex ratio of the Indian electorate makes it impossible for women’s welfare to feature in political agendas and policy making. This number of 65 million missing women has increased fourfold from 15 million (13% of the electorate) to 65 million (20% of the electorate) in the last 50 years.
The sex ratio of the electorate is far worse than the general sex ratio of the population. This implies that women who are eligible voters are actually not registered in electoral rolls and remain “missing from the voter’s lists”. Even when politicians are not biased against women, their policies might be.
True political representation of women cannot be ensured unless preferences of women get significant attention. The authors, Ravi Kapoor and Shamika Ravi suggest that policymakers should target constituencies with the worst gender ratios to be reserved for women. Women’s reservation bill may not be the answer according to the authors.
Highly talented women entrepreneurs Chennai based marketing professionals, Vandhana and Jinal had started working out of coffee shops, when they launched their digital marketing agency. Later, they realized the need for an office which meant a spending a lot of time and resources on administrative work, distracting them from focusing solely on their business.
- Learn a lot from Indu Jain a successful entrepreneur
- Mahalakshmi Saravanan a successful women entrepreneur
- G. Sree Vidhya MD of Ravindra Services Pvt Ltd
- Ekta Kapoor changed face of Indian Television
- Suchita Salvan a successful entrepreneur, Role model for Many
- History of Women role in Political India
- Successful entrepreneur Vani Kola
- Sairee Chahal a successful entrepreneur
- Highly successful women Shahnaz Husain
- Upasana Taku a successful woman entrepreneur of Mobikwik
- Women are 56% less likely to use mobiles: Report
- Pranshu Bandari a highly successful woman entrepreneur
- Vani Kola a successful woman of Company Kalaari Capital
- Some tips for Women Entrepreneurs to become successful
- A successful woman entrepreneur Falguni Nayar