She is the founder Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of Biocon Limited. Born in Bangalore, Shaw completed her Bachelors in Zoology from Mount Carmel College, Bangalore University. She later did her post-graduation in Malting and Brewing from Ballarat College, Melbourne University.
She worked as a trainee brewer in Carlton and United Breweries, Melbourne and as a trainee master at Barrett Brothers and Burston, australia. She started Biocon in 1978 and spearheaded its evolution from an industrial enzymes manufacturing company to a fully integrated bio-pharmaceutical company.
Today Biocon under Shaw’s leadership has established itself as a leading player in biomedicine research with a focus on diabetes and oncology. kiran is also a member of the board of governors of the prestigious Indian School of business and Indian Institute of technology hyderabad.
These things Women want in a Man Emerson’s vision of a self-reliant man is one we can all learn a thing or two from. Women want a man able to stand on his own two feet, to make up his own mind, and to stand by his values. Paying your own bills is half the battle one aspect of independence, the other aspect is the ability to be yourself. Have your own interests and hobbies,
- Can women donate blood?
- Woman Cop shares some safety tips for all Women
- Safety tips every woman should know
- It is dangerous to use Mobile while walking
- Be Bold like Ranjana Kumar, Vigilance Commissioner in Central Vigilance Commission
- It is dangerous to use mobile while walking in the road
- Why Women should practice Yoga?
- Women who followed Mediterranean-style diet during pregnancy lower risk of gestational diabetes
- Meet Vandhana Ramanathan and Jinal Patel a successful Women
- Challenging Woman Entrepreneur Minnat Lalpuria - 7 vachan
- Future Entrepreneurship is in hands of Indian Women
- Meet Harini RamaRathnam a successful woman entrepreneur
- Naiyya Saggi a successful woman entrepreneur
- Preeta Sukhtankar a successful & inspiring women
- Meet this successful women Anu Acharya, MapMyGenome