According to the Sixth economic Census (2013) unit level data, the total number of enterprises engaged in different agricultural and non-agricultural activities in india excluding crop production, plantation, public administration, defense and compulsory social security was 58.5 million. Majority of these enterprises over three quarters were involved in different non-agricultural activities while retail trade and manufacturing were dominant among them as both of these together constituted 58% of the total non-agricultural enterprises.
These non-agricultural enterprises further provided employment to 108.41 million persons but among them, only 33.04 million (25%) were women. It was also observed that most of these enterprises were operated under private ownership and within this, ‘own account establishment’ (i.e. establishment without any hired worker) were foremost.
Further, over the period 2005 to 2013, growth of own account establishment was higher relative to the growth of enterprises with hired workers. But gender disaggregated data provided a disquieting picture because only 8.05 million establishments were run by women entrepreneurs without any hired workers and they were majorly involved in livestock rearing, agricultural and manufacturing industries.
Tulsi Gabbard to seek the presidential nomination of a major party New York sources reported that when reacting to attacks by former presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton, Gabbard on Friday called her “the queen of warmongers, embodiment of corruption, and personification of the rot that has sickened the Democratic Party for so long”. A US military combat veteran, who has seen war first hand, Gabbard has opposed US military involvement abroad and has called for bringing troops back home and has been criticized by some in her own party for her stand.
- Percentage of Women Pilots in India is huge
- Are Mums the real heroes of Diwali Festival?
- Mira Erda a talented racer
- Kala, an excellent choreographer and dancer inspires many women
- This Woman is a super bike racer in India
- Top 3 Female journalists of India
- Details: revealed Kerala serial killer could have planned more murders
- Avantika Singh a talented TV anchor
- Know some of the Women News Anchors in India
- Bengaluru police forbids Ola, Uber from using alternate routes to airport
- Meghan Freed, Attorney and Cofounder Of Freed Marcroft
- How to stay physically healthy post Delivery?
- Reshma Saujani: Girls Who Code is a successful women Entrepreneur
- Successful Entrepreneur Annah Chakola, Founder and Creative Director, Boho Gypsy/Annahmol
- Celebs mourn the demise of Comedy Actor Venu Madhav