Albert Einstein famously said that the woman who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. The woman who walks alone is likely to find herself in places no one has been ever before. Sharda Devi, a class 12 pass-out chose to be the latter. She has started her own shop where she now sells self-made bags.
Coming from a place like Mahendragarh in Haryana, this was not easy for Sharda and her husband, who faced a barrage of criticism from neighbors and the extended family, when she decided to start her own business and the ideas sprouted in March 2017, after she attended the ‘Start and Improve Your business’ program.
Sharda benefited from Disha a partnership project between United Nations Development Program (UNDP) and india Development Foundation (IDF). The program which aims to enable 1 million women with skills and training to help them become economically empowered, is supported by the IKEA Foundation. More women have followed suit, seeing her success and enthusiasm. She has been a Biz Sakhi or mentor to many like her. Biz Sakhis are women business owners who have undergone extensive entrepreneurship development training with support of Ministry of Skill development and Enterprise (MSDE), The National Institute for Entrepreneurship and Small business Development (NIESBUD) and UNDP’s Disha Project.
Successful Women can balance Everything Today’s modern working woman often has an array of many hats that she has to wear on any given day and in any given moment. Hats can include but are not limited to mom, chauffeur, chef, coach, wife, sister, moderator, negotiator, colleague, boss and many, many more.
- These things Women want in a Man
- Can women donate blood?
- Woman Cop shares some safety tips for all Women
- Safety tips every woman should know
- It is dangerous to use Mobile while walking
- Be Bold like Ranjana Kumar, Vigilance Commissioner in Central Vigilance Commission
- It is dangerous to use mobile while walking in the road
- Why Women should practice Yoga?
- Women who followed Mediterranean-style diet during pregnancy lower risk of gestational diabetes
- Meet Vandhana Ramanathan and Jinal Patel a successful Women
- Challenging Woman Entrepreneur Minnat Lalpuria - 7 vachan
- Future Entrepreneurship is in hands of Indian Women
- Meet Harini RamaRathnam a successful woman entrepreneur
- Naiyya Saggi a successful woman entrepreneur
- Preeta Sukhtankar a successful & inspiring women