Another reason behind women’s lack of sleep is because they are more likely to experience stress, anxiety and depression in comparison to men. It has been found that women are twice as likely to be diagnosed with depression as men. Factors such as biology and life circumstances are what feed into women having a higher risk of depression. The difference in depression rates stems all the way back to puberty, where there is a first indication that women are more likely to have it than men, and the gender gap continues from there.
The previously mentioned hormonal imbalance that women can sometimes experience during pregnancy or menopause also leads to an increased risk of depression. Additionally, SAD Syndrome, or seasonal depression that arises when the skies are dark and gloomy, is four times more likely to affect women as opposed to men.
The stress of today’s fast paced society is also impacting women more than men in terms of anxiety. This is because many women are still expected to maintain the housewife duties of cooking, cleaning, and taking care of the kids while also juggling a full-time job. One study took a look at women across thirty different countries and found that depression doubles in middle-aged women due to these pressures.
Mira Erda a talented racer The youngest racer on this list, Vadodara girl Mira Erda started her racing career in 2010 and has been actively participating and winning podiums in the JK Tyre FMSCI National Racing Championship. Last year, she also became first ever Indian female racer in the Euro JK Series, competing in the single-seater Euro Formula BMW cars.
- Kala, an excellent choreographer and dancer inspires many women
- This Woman is a super bike racer in India
- Top 3 Female journalists of India
- Details: revealed Kerala serial killer could have planned more murders
- Avantika Singh a talented TV anchor
- Know some of the Women News Anchors in India
- Bengaluru police forbids Ola, Uber from using alternate routes to airport
- Meghan Freed, Attorney and Cofounder Of Freed Marcroft
- How to stay physically healthy post Delivery?
- Reshma Saujani: Girls Who Code is a successful women Entrepreneur
- Successful Entrepreneur Annah Chakola, Founder and Creative Director, Boho Gypsy/Annahmol
- Celebs mourn the demise of Comedy Actor Venu Madhav
- Meet Veena Gil, CEO, 3D Bricks successful woman
- Learn from Harsha Thachery, Founder and CEO Masalabox
- Successful woman Sheela Kochouseph Chittilapally, Managing Director, V-Star