What Is Good
- Rich Production values
- Tamanna's item number
- First 15 minutes
- Topnotch action sequences
What Is Bad
- Aimless and Outdated scenes
- Rushed editing
- Weak content
Young Rocky is on a mission. He has a dream to become rich and powerful, and die rich and hence sets out on a journey from the streets of Mumbai to Kolar gold fields, and his life turns upside down when he's elevated from the level of a slave in service to a Deadly goon and a don who's influential. The movie is presented as narrated by a journalist who records his life.
Yash delivers a powerful performance as the rebel turned gangster Rocky, and displays anger, violence, and the rise to the power, and the tactical villainy, perfectly, and emotes through his sharp eyes. Srinidhi Shetty is aptly cast and the actress emotes well within the limited scope offered. Vasishta Simha gets to play a crucial part and he does it well, and the rest of the cast including Achyuth Kumar, Anant Nag, Malavika Avinash are adequate.
Ravi Basrur's music is scintillating, as the background score elevates heroism of Rocky very well, and of his songs, Salam Rocky Bhai, Jokae and Gali Gali are impressive. Bhuvan Gowda's stunning cinematography is
Director Prashanth Neel, who had last delivered the action entertainer Ugramm, way back in 2014, best known for the stylish presentation of a simple violent tale, is back this time, with the chronicling the lives and hardships of the people of KGF, with the protagonist's rise from a slave to a gangster, and ruling with power, The first half of the movie moves at a brisk pace, establishing the characters and the nature of Rocky, and gains momentum towards the interval, while the second half, has several cliched sequences, and little predictability that mar the impact. Despite the shortcomings, KGF Chapter 1 is stylish and filled with terrific visuals, top-notch action and some goosebumps moments, that make it worth a shot, while also making the audience wait with bated breath for the arrival of chapter 2. All said, KGF is an ambitious outing that appeals in parts, thanks to Yash's efforts and the stunning action, and the hopes rest on the second half to carry forward Rocky and his mass appeal.
Tamanna to do another Item Number in KGF sequel Kannada cinema had been flying high with the release of their very own magnum opus, KGF, directed by critically acclaimed maker Prashanth Neel who had earlier directed the interesting stylish action thriller Ugramm starring Sri Murali and Haripriya.
- Nani's Gang Leader Final and Total Collections
- Baby Akkineni as a Playboy in Kajal Aggarwal
- Kajal to be revealed...
- Exclusive HD Stills of Gal Gadot from the sets of 'Wonder Woman 2'
- 32 Monstrous Collection Hot High Clarity Photos of Regina exposing her Cleavage
- Ileana Opens on her Pregnancy
- Tamanna Oozing Oomph in a Sexy Black Attire - 14 Hot Photos Inside
- PIC TALK: Trisha Sweats and Tempts us a Lot
- Kajal Aggarwal Caught Red-Handed by Paparazzi in Sexy Short Denim Thighs Revealing Frock at Airport - Photo Inside
- Priyanka Chopra spends a lot of time with...
- 27 Hottest Tempting Clicks of Kiara Advani
- Kajal Aggarwal does a Hottest Photoshoot
- Shruti Haasan Showing a Kissy Face and Tempts Our Mood
- Kajal Aggarwal's First Sexual Harassment Accusation on a Dance Master in 'Me Too'