In a move to make tourism more inclusive and accessible, Enable Travel - India’s first Accessible Holiday initiative was launched to cater to the travel aspirations of people with disabilities. A ground-breaking initiative in the area of accessible tourism, Enable Travel aims to provide tours and carefully crafted leisure outings for people with disabilities across mobility (wheelchairs), hearing, speech and vision impairment.
Left to right – Ms. Shama Noorani, Mr. Rustom Irani, Group Captain (Retd) Prabal Malaker, Mr. Divyanshu Ganatra, Dr. Alim Chandani, Mr Karan Anand and Mr Debolin Sen launch Enable Travel – India’s First Holiday Specialist
The revolutionary initiative was unveiled by Mr. Debolin Sen, Head, Enable Travel, Mr. Karan Anand, Head, Relationships, Cox & Kings, along with Enable Travel’s panel of experts Mr. Rustom Irani (wheelchair), Mr. Divyanshu Ganatra (vision), Ms. Shama Noorani (wheelchair), Group Captain (Retd) Prabal Malaker (wheelchair) and Dr. Alim Chandani (hearing), thus making Enable Travel a product “made by the disabled for the disabled”. Enable Travel is powered by Cox and Kings Ltd.
Speaking at the launch, Debolin Sen, Head, Enable Travel said, “Enable Travel is a long-term commitment to make travel easy and hassle free in India and to empower each and every individual to celebrate their love for travel. Through this initiative we are trying to address various barriers like inaccessible travel information, lack of transportation and disable friendly hotel rooms that prevent people from travelling. Each of the itineraries catering to inbound and domestic tourists has been thoughtfully curated, ensuring the long-held dream of a seamless travel experience isn’t hampered. As part of its service offering, Enable Travel will introduce quality transportation in the form of wheelchair accessible vehicles, aids and accessories like ramps and an assortment of specialised wheelchairs for those who are wheelchair bound. Support services also include investments in specially trained manpower such as caregivers, sign language interpreters, expert guides and escorts making all areas of travel accessible.”
Karan Anand, Head, Relationships, Cox & Kings, that is powering this initiative said, “We believe that people with disabilities have absolute right to live a life of equal opportunities, choice and freedom. They have the same desire to travel but the lack of an accessible environment reduces their ability or desire to travel outside. Many tourists with disabilities within and outside India are keen on exploring different travel experiences the country has to offer. It is important to tap this largely underserved segment of travellers by providing quality assistance and services that focus on individual needs. Enabling barrier-free travel for people with disabilities will contribute to a significant increase in inbound and domestic tourism.”
He added, “In a country where everyday commute is still a struggle, making tourism accessible to people with disabilities has been challenging. Enable Travel endeavours to make tourism accessible to all and encourages people to turn their travel dreams into reality.”
Courtesy by www.newsvoir.com
IIntex opens its 50th Master Intex Care Partner (MICP) in Ahmedabad; 5th in Gujarat Intex Technologies, one of the leading consumer electronics company reached a new milestone in strengthening its after-sales service network with the opening of its 50th Master Intex Care Partner (MICP) in Ahmedabad, Gujarat today. The 2700 sq. ft. MICP is the second in Ahmedabad and 5th in Gujarat catering directly to consumers as well as to all the Intex Care Partners / service centers already running in Gujarat.
- Bosch Announces New Indian and Global Apps for Indian Customers on Its Smartphone Integration Solution - mySpin
- Paisabazaar.com Ties-up with YES BANK to offer Pre-qualified Retail Financial Products
- Allcargo Logistics Collaborates with Concor for Rail Connectivity Solutions
- Top Leaders and Opinion Makers Discuss India
- ICICI Lombard Becomes First Private Sector General Insurance
- Ola Launches Auto Driver Partner Mela Pan-India; Plans to Reach Out to Over 1,00,000 Driver Entrepreneurs Across 10 Cities
- CMS Asia to Release 'Eye on Content' Study at 4th edition on 4-5th May about State of Content Marketing in India
- Vodafone to Launch Pan-India Mobile Number Portability on 3 July
- Hyundai's Innovative 'Comebackpedia' Tops Meme Marketing
- Urban Ladder Partners with Award-winning Interior Designer, Ashiesh Shah
- Sagar Kamath Launches Debut Novel Chronux
- Washington Apple Wagon Tour Starts with a Bang
- Gifting goes Hi-tech with Bitxoxo's Bitcoin Pre-paid Gift Card
- Public Pension Capital Acquires Viteos Fund Services
- INTEX Partners with LIFE NGO