In a move to make tourism more inclusive and accessible, Enable Travel - India’s first Accessible Holiday initiative was launched to cater to the travel aspirations of people with disabilities. A ground-breaking initiative in the area of accessible tourism, Enable Travel aims to provide tours and carefully crafted leisure outings for people with disabilities across mobility (wheelchairs), hearing, speech and vision impairment.
Left to right – Ms. Shama Noorani, Mr. Rustom Irani, Group Captain (Retd) Prabal Malaker, Mr. Divyanshu Ganatra, Dr. Alim Chandani, Mr Karan Anand and Mr Debolin Sen launch Enable Travel – India’s First Holiday Specialist
The revolutionary initiative was unveiled by Mr. Debolin Sen, Head, Enable Travel, Mr. Karan Anand, Head, Relationships, Cox & Kings, along with Enable Travel’s panel of experts Mr. Rustom Irani (wheelchair), Mr. Divyanshu Ganatra (vision), Ms. Shama Noorani (wheelchair), Group Captain (Retd) Prabal Malaker (wheelchair) and Dr. Alim Chandani (hearing), thus making Enable Travel a product “made by the disabled for the disabled”. Enable Travel is powered by Cox and Kings Ltd.
Speaking at the launch, Debolin Sen, Head, Enable Travel said, “Enable Travel is a long-term commitment to make travel easy and hassle free in India and to empower each and every individual to celebrate their love for travel. Through this initiative we are trying to address various barriers like inaccessible travel information, lack of transportation and disable friendly hotel rooms that prevent people from travelling. Each of the itineraries catering to inbound and domestic tourists has been thoughtfully curated, ensuring the long-held dream of a seamless travel experience isn’t hampered. As part of its service offering, Enable Travel will introduce quality transportation in the form of wheelchair accessible vehicles, aids and accessories like ramps and an assortment of specialised wheelchairs for those who are wheelchair bound. Support services also include investments in specially trained manpower such as caregivers, sign language interpreters, expert guides and escorts making all areas of travel accessible.”
Karan Anand, Head, Relationships, Cox & Kings, that is powering this initiative said, “We believe that people with disabilities have absolute right to live a life of equal opportunities, choice and freedom. They have the same desire to travel but the lack of an accessible environment reduces their ability or desire to travel outside. Many tourists with disabilities within and outside India are keen on exploring different travel experiences the country has to offer. It is important to tap this largely underserved segment of travellers by providing quality assistance and services that focus on individual needs. Enabling barrier-free travel for people with disabilities will contribute to a significant increase in inbound and domestic tourism.”
He added, “In a country where everyday commute is still a struggle, making tourism accessible to people with disabilities has been challenging. Enable Travel endeavours to make tourism accessible to all and encourages people to turn their travel dreams into reality.”
Courtesy by www.newsvoir.com
BNI India Spreads its Wings to Over Seventy Cities BNI India Spreads its Wings to Over Seventy Cities | US-based BNI, World’s largest and most successful business networking organization widens its reach across the country, through its participation in Master Franchise Show 2017, taking place in New Delhi on June 24 & 25. Present across 71 countries worldwide
- Luxury Brand OMEGA Launches 1957 Trilogy Limited Edition Watches
- Retail Banking Study Highlights Digital Disruption
- Wipro Achieves AWS Service Delivery Status for AWS Service Catalog
- Alibaba Mobile Business Group Appoints Damon Xi as Head of UCWeb India, Indonesia
- Tata Consultancy Services TAP Platform Recognized as a Strong Performer in eProcurement
- Huawei and China Mobile Jointly Established the Trial Field to Verify 5G High Band and Low Band Coordination Technology
- Tata Capital Brings the 'Salaam Loans' Initiative to Deserving Individuals in Mumbai's Dharavi and Golibar Area
- Vodafone Customer from Pune Wins Bumper Prize
- This Summer Snapdeal Partners with Leading Banks to bring an Array of Offers for Customers
- New Research: Only 5 percent of Large Companies Prepared to Meet IT Requirements
- Dassault Systèmes Ushers in a Digital Transformation of Manufacturing in India at "Manufacturing in the Age of Experience"
- Airtel Business Launches First of its Kind Digital Platform to offer Integrated Solutions to Emerging Businesses
- Bajaj Finserv Business Loan Witnesses a Growth of 18 Percent in the Quarter Ended March 2017
- Wipro Limited Launches New Brand Identity; Rearticulates its Values
- Mumbai International Airport to Celebrate World Environment Day