Iron is an important mineral needed by our bodies. Iron is a part of all cells and does many things in our bodies. Iron is a part of the protein (haemoglobin) carries oxygen from our lungs throughout our bodies. Having too little haemoglobin is called anaemia. Iron helps our muscles store and use oxygen.
1. Iron is a part of many enzymes and is used in many cell functions. Enzymes help our bodies digest foods and also help with many other important reactions that occur within our bodies. When our bodies don't have enough Iron many parts of our bodies are affected.
Iron deficiency is either due to increased need for Iron by the body or a
decreased absorption or amount of iron taken in. Signs of Iron deficiency
include fatigue, decreased work and school performance, difficulty in
maintaining body temperature and decreased Immune function.
Iron deficiency affects the memory power and mental functions of teens. Studies
show that Iron deficiency rate is higher in male and female adolescents. It's
the time of increased Iron needs because of the expansion of blood volume and
increased muscle mass.
What Else Affects Asthma Symptoms? Diets High in Calories If you eat more calories than you burn, you’ll gain weight. That’s bad not only for your general health, but for your asthma specifically. People who are obese are more likely to have more severe asthma symptoms, take more medication, and miss more work than people who maintain a normal weight.
- Fenugreek seeds that could change your life
- Tips to be mosquito free and prevent dengue
- Common side effects of Mehandi
- Steps to prevent heart disease
- Tips for building strong bones in kids
- Iron and Iron Deficiency Facts
- Pregnancy tips for normal delivery for every woman
- Types of Kidney stones which you should know