What Is Good
- Scary scenes
What Is Bad
- Poor characterization
'The Conjuring 2' is a conventional horror sequel that continues the story of Ed and Lorraine Warren, two demonologists who are most well known for their investigations into the Amityville haunting. The first movie was set before Amityville and it was based on one of those cases. And this sequel concerns the Enfield Poltergeist. The movie obviously takes off on a scene based in Amityville, New York. Lorraine experiences a traumatizing journey into the past when she attempts to find out the truth about what happened in the bedrooms upstairs. As she tries to unfold the mystery, she opens up the vessel to a different plane, one shows her husband dying. Lorraine swears she won't handle any future case, but she gets forced to handle one. Meanwhile, in Enfield, Little girl Janet undergoes effects of some ghostly phenomena. Warren's arrive there and they spice up the ghostly activity. During this period, Lorraine is scared to death of losing her husband. What happens next forms an intriguing horrific tale.
Coming to performances, Patrick Wilson and Verma Farmiga scores as Ed and Lorraine Warren. Both of them perform exorcism once again and the scares are for real. Vera Farmiga in particular scores big time. Madison Wolfe as Little Janet is exemplary. The way she sleep walks and show fears on seeing the ghosts is just top notch. Frances O'Connor and Lauren Esposito as Hodgson's show another dimension in acting. Robin Atkin Downes has given the Demon voice and he has been brilliant. The way he speaks from bottom of throat is indeed awesome.
James Wan's trademark visual style is repeated in this movie. He has certain bag of tricks and he repeated that again. When it's intended to scare, it really does. The scares come a bit more frequently than in the first movie and do manage to build a lot of tension. The horror movie is so good on its screenplay and the story doesn't waste its time on repetition, doubts, sidebar stories, or long conversations about whether the characters should really be scared of the scary thing.It’s an entertaining feature throughout, and, despite the fact that the ending is also pleasing and it forces audience to ask for more. It won't be surprising if there's a third film announced on the same franchise.
The best thing about this movie is its nostalgic recreation of England in 1970's period. James Wan has done a great job and it is surprising that he's not from England. The central character of Janet Hodgson is also crucial to the Enfield family. On the flip side, the movie had some cheesy moments through out the movie. CGI Characters are not so scary. But there are some occasional jump scares. Make up and special effects were crazy, they made you get chills running down your spine. Sound track was impeccable.
- Star Cast : Vera Farmiga,Patrick Wilson,Frances O'Connor,Madison Wolfe,Simon McBurney,Franka Potente
- Producer : Peter Safran, Rob Cowan
- Director : James Wan
- Music : Joseph Bishara
- Released on: 10-06-2016
C'mon, Now she just needs to nod and give the Green Signal It was announced a few days back that the daughter of yesteryear dreamgirl Sridevi, Jhanvi Kapoor, will be making much-expected film debut with Dhadak, which is produced by Ace Director/ Producer Karan Johar in his Dharma productions. The first look at the movie was released as well, featuring the gorgeous Jahnvi.
- Oops! Priyanka Chopra wearing a See-Through Transparent Dress and exposes - Photos Inside
- Despite Flops, He gets a Big Opportunity here again
- It's going to be a Double Treat
- WooHoo - Here is the return of the Cute Mallu Beauty after Pregnancy rumours - Exclusive Photos Inside
- Young Beauty is Happy as her movie Flops at the Box-Office
- Original 'Premam' Hero returns as 'Richie'
- Jyothika spoiling the family reputation of Suriya Sivakumar
- Records should come behind you - You shouldn't run behind Records, Mahesh!
- That's indeed a Big One for the Actress Daughter!
- The 26-Year-Old model flaunts her hot body and sensuous curves and makes us erected with temptations - More Photos Inside
- Director is Too Angry on AP Government and their Awards - Check his Open Letter
- Whooaa... BIGG BOSS contestants are now a Couple
- A Big Sequel is confirmed - Guess, what it is?
- Anushka delays to show off yet again