What Is Good
What Is Bad
- Lacklustre dialogues
Shabana (Tapsee) is a reserved second year B. Com student and her life revolves around Kudo training and her widowed mother. Her classmate Jai (Taheer Sabbir Mithaiwala) is smitten by her, because she doesn't entertain his declarations of love. When they finally go on a date, she opens up about her dark past and at last reciprocates his feelings. But their yet to bloom love is cut short when on their way back home, they are pursued by eve teasers and tragedy follows in their life. Jai gets killed in the incident. She completes her vendetta saga and is sent off on her first official mission which involves assisting Ajay Rajput (Akshay Kumar) to bump off a global arms kingpin Tony/ Mikhail (Prithiviraj Sukumaran).
The film belongs totally to Shabana Khan aka Taapsee Pannu. She gets to break the bones and indulge in some serious butt-kicking. She aces the action scenes like a pro and carries the film on her slender shoulders. In a scene or two, the actress even gets to display her emotional side and shines in those moments. Akshay Kumar's cameo appearance completely falls flat as it looks forced. The director Shivam Nair had made the screenplay more elaborately. Prithviraj's acting as antagonist is good.
The movie has poor writing, lack of detailing and lacklustre dialogues are the main culprits here. The first half of the film is a bit drag. After interval, the action begins but soon fizzles out as you predict the climax from miles away. Sudheer Pansare's cinematography is highlighting. At a runtime of about 148 minutes, Naam Shabana aims to treat you to two different worlds but falters in its attempt. The music doesn't remains in the minds of the audience. The technical aspects aren't satisfactory.
Naam Shabana is a major letdown especially when you walk into the theatre halls carrying good ok Baby nostalgia and expecting a similar adrenaline rush. In a nutshell, we would prefer to settle for a re watch of the 2015 espionage-thriller instead. The story is dull and only Tapsee Pannu's role is centered. The songs are misplaced and there is no iconic moments in the movie. The movie can be watched only once and not more than that.
Oopsy Daisy... TRISHA's Ex-Boy Friend is KAJAL's Current Boy Friend - Confirms Leading Portal It's quite common to have controversies between actors and actresses. We have seen many celebrities being a victim for such speculations. However, in the end, the only answer we get is, "We are just good friends!". The same has happened once again for two leading actresses in Tamil and Telugu film industry.
- TRADE: Extra Theaters Added for Anando Brahma
- This HOTTIE receives 1000 roses every day from Secret Fan....!!!!!
- Bigg Boss to Lose a Big Attraction?
- BOMBSHELL is all set to pin a NEW FEATHER in her cap now!!!!
- Mallu Beauty posing in 'MASALA HOT' way and these 4 Photos oozes her 'Sex Appeal'
- Revealing INNER BEAUTY in just a Bathrobe - These 3 Photos teach how to expose the right assets!
- This Hero does massage in heroine's leg after lip kissing!!!
- These 12 Minimal Poster Designs will show you how Creative Minds THINK
- More Skin Show - Then Pay me MORE... Baahubali heroine turns Greedy
- 11 Photos of Young Model Suzanna will treat your sore eyes
- 8 Times this Young 18-Year-Old Singer flaunted her SEXY ASSETS and made our hearts Skip a Beat
- 'B' Actress shows off her 'B' assets for Photo shoot - 5 HOT PHOTOS Inside
- Ajith's Apology statement stops Trolls immediately - However, rival camp fans continue to prove they are BRAIN DEAD
- 'THIS' Lead Actress starts Partying at Mid Night once again