What Is Good
What Is Bad
- Lacklustre dialogues
Shabana (Tapsee) is a reserved second year B. Com student and her life revolves around Kudo training and her widowed mother. Her classmate Jai (Taheer Sabbir Mithaiwala) is smitten by her, because she doesn't entertain his declarations of love. When they finally go on a date, she opens up about her dark past and at last reciprocates his feelings. But their yet to bloom love is cut short when on their way back home, they are pursued by eve teasers and tragedy follows in their life. Jai gets killed in the incident. She completes her vendetta saga and is sent off on her first official mission which involves assisting Ajay Rajput (Akshay Kumar) to bump off a global arms kingpin Tony/ Mikhail (Prithiviraj Sukumaran).
The film belongs totally to Shabana Khan aka Taapsee Pannu. She gets to break the bones and indulge in some serious butt-kicking. She aces the action scenes like a pro and carries the film on her slender shoulders. In a scene or two, the actress even gets to display her emotional side and shines in those moments. Akshay Kumar's cameo appearance completely falls flat as it looks forced. The director Shivam Nair had made the screenplay more elaborately. Prithviraj's acting as antagonist is good.
The movie has poor writing, lack of detailing and lacklustre dialogues are the main culprits here. The first half of the film is a bit drag. After interval, the action begins but soon fizzles out as you predict the climax from miles away. Sudheer Pansare's cinematography is highlighting. At a runtime of about 148 minutes, Naam Shabana aims to treat you to two different worlds but falters in its attempt. The music doesn't remains in the minds of the audience. The technical aspects aren't satisfactory.
Naam Shabana is a major letdown especially when you walk into the theatre halls carrying good ok Baby nostalgia and expecting a similar adrenaline rush. In a nutshell, we would prefer to settle for a re watch of the 2015 espionage-thriller instead. The story is dull and only Tapsee Pannu's role is centered. The songs are misplaced and there is no iconic moments in the movie. The movie can be watched only once and not more than that.
24 'Too Hot' Photoshoot HD Pics of Young Model Navya Ramesh - You just can't stop drooling! Navya Ramesh is a young model who walks the ramp and sizzles with her 'Oomph' factor and sex appeal. Even though she is yet to make a mark in the film industry, she has a commendable fan following on the Social media.
- 'Nene Raju Nene Mantri' failed at the Box-Office - But now, the director starts his next!
- A Big Worry for Telugu Actors about their Kids - Can they carry their legacy or will they ruin?
- Inside Story: Tamannaah gets her 'King' and it's Official fellas...!!!
- Okay, Here's the reason why Anushka turned down Prabhas's 'Saaho' - She needs Romance, Love and...
- BREAKING: Legendary Director #IVSASI took his last breath - A sad day for entire Indian cinema!
- After a huge flop with 'SPYder', she needs a comeback with this!
- COPY CAT: 'Saaho' First Look Poster is completely Copied from this latest Hollywood Release - See the reactions!
- It's Confirmed! Mersal Vijay has done Tax Evasion of Rs.5 Crores
- INSIDE STORY: Keerthi Suresh is getting lots of benefits from Directors
- "Yes... I was invited to have Sex with Producers and Directors..." - Priyanka opens up
- WooHoo !! Check out the 'Hottest Babe' who replaced Shruti Haasan
- All you need to know about TRISHA - Here's how she left in the Middle of nowhere!
- These 32 Scorching Hot and Sexy Bikini Photos of Young Bengaluru Model will tempt your mood to new heights
- Unable to trust Kamal Haasan - Dil Raju walks out of 'Indian 2' project - Who is the new Producer?