What Is Good
- Sensitive Topic
What Is Bad
- Not suitable for family viewing
This Bollywood movie starts with ‘The great Indian tamasha’ wedding as framed by Sugandha Joshi (Bhumi Pednekar). She is getting engaged with Mudit Sharma (Ayushmann Khurrana). By telling their sweet little flashback story themselves, Sugandha & Mudit fall in this arrange cum love cum arrange marriage. This is when Mudit tries to explain Sugandha his apparent ‘gents’ problem’. The rest of the film is covered tackling this very adult issue under a layer of some gut-busting moments. How Sugandha reacts when she gets to know the issue and how both of their parents react is what carries the story forward.
R S. Prasanna had directed the movie. Ayushmann Khuranaa and Bhumi Pednekar have paired for the very first time in the movie. The movie stands still on 4 pillars the concept, the performances, the writing and R S Prasanna. Right from Ayushmann Khurrana’s parents & relatives to Bhumi Pednekar’s parents & relatives everyone shines. As they say, a film is never about performances by leads, it’s all about performances by the people apart from the leads. This film falls into that perfect zone.
The film has few good songs which do not pause the already fast pace of the film. Kanha depicts the innocent love of Ayushmann & Bhumi Pednekar very well which sets the base for this unconventional love story. Rocket Saiyyan & Laddoo song is played in the background showing the wedding proceedings. The movie songs don’t have much to do but do not feel like a pause too. In fact I technical aspects are made neatly.
From the accent of everyone to wedding execution, everything is as close to reality as it can get. The film is colorful which adds to the feel good factor of the film. R S Prasanna has captured some real middle-class family junctures which no other director has been able to do till now. At any moment the film could’ve jumped to the other side and be a sex comedy, but it's the control over the story writing by R S Prasanna that saves the film big time.
Is Nayantara being targeted again? The 2014 Diwali Release Tamil flick Kaththi Directed by A.R.Murugadoss and starring Vijay in lead role, was accused of plagiarism, in various angles, with its first look motion poster plagiarized from a Turkish newspaper ad campaign
- Quite an interesting line up of movies for Cherry!
- Tamil Actor feels so bad for not releasing his movie along with Mahesh Babu's 'SPYder'
- Ritika Singh's Beach Vacation will make you pack your bags and go to a vacation immediately
- Nandamuri fans can rejoice after reading this news!
- Is Shruti Haasan's Father Two-Faced !?!
- WooHoo... Get ready to see Anushka like this by December
- Uuff! Finally, Allu Arjun avoids Tamil after looking at Mahesh Babu's 'SPYder' failure
- Mahesh Babu least bothered about SPYder Flop - His Chief Minister Avatar will arrive on...
- Esha Gupta vents her rage on Meme Creators
- Samantha visits Chennai with her Husband Chaitanya Akkineni - Do you know, Why?
- 'Natural Star' is ready to taste one more success
- OMG! You won't believe with whom Nivetha Thomas is going to share screen space!
- Anupama's love behind the cameras!
- It's more or less confirmed - 'Thala 58' is going to be a Cop Avatar