What Is Good
- Interval block
- Comedy in the second half
- Vishnu Vishal & AnandRaj's performance
- Vijaysethupathi's cameo
What Is Bad
- Many scenes in the first half
The hero in this film is a very normal guy who works as a Revenue Inspector. He is very cautious and fears for even silly things. The hero who gets rid off rowdies at one stage becomes a hero and gives them back in the other. What happens, how he overcomes them has been conveyed in a commercial and comical way.
Vishnu Vishal as a common man and as a hero has done justice to the title. His acting skills have upped in this film. He has done a great job in comedy and dance as well. Catherine Tresa as the heroine has also done good in a breezy role given to her. Apart from the lead, there are few comedians in the film including Soori, Rajendran, Anandraj, etc. Out of all, Anandraj is the pick of the lot while Rajendiran and Soori evoke laughter at instances. Vijaysethupathi's cameo and STR's voice over are add ons.
Technically the film is strong. Be it the cinematography that very well suits the commercial space or the editing that keeps the film tight, all have done a commendable job. sean Roldan's songs are okayish and so are his BG score. Costumes designed by JoyCrizildaa needs special mention. In such a commercial movie, the editing has to be a major role and in this movie a crisp running time saves it a lot.
Director Tha.Muruganandham has done quite a good job in handling this project. Vishnu Vishal has produced this film as well besides starring in the same. But more concentration on the screenplay could have made this film Kathanayagan a much more better product. Few of the scenes are weak and donot connect much with the audience while few scenes are hilarious. Had the first half been better, this film on the whole would have been a huge hit. Nevertheless, Kathanayagan is still a once watchable timepass entertainer.
From Dashing Debonair to a Stylish Don - 10 Years of 'THALA' Ajith's 'BILLA' - All you need to Know and 18 Shooting Spot Stills Billa (2007), was the second remake of a yesteryear film in Tamil industry, and being the remake of a movie that had different versions in Tamil and Hindi, with Superstar Rajnikanth, Amitabh Bachchan and Shahrukh Khan acing the Don act in their own styles, it was a huge target ahead of director Vishnuvardhan and team to not just stand up to the original, but also to deliver a product satisfying the millions of diehard fans of Ajithkumar.
- BIG plans for the 'Mega' Hero
- A lead actress complaints that a producer behaved like a Monster
- Will she be the Female Lead in the much hyped project?
- The Gorgeous Telugu Girl stoops down and wears 'Such a BIKINI' to grab attention - Photo Proof Inside
- The Most expected Mentor - Disciple Combo comes Together for a new project
- "I feel shy to narrate the dialogues to actresses... But he helped me..."
- Controversial Director who created ripples with Topless and Nude shots seeks a Star Actress - Do you Know who?
- Kajal wears a Transparent Top and exposes her Inner Beauty during an Interview - 'Hot' Photo Proof inside !!
- Just Money and Tamanna AGREES for 'EVERYTHING' !?!
- BIG Factor takes it to Mallu !!
- The Curly Haired Mallu Beauty ready to show the hidden side
- Enough of glamour - The Bubbly babe decides to go with some humour
- Pooja Hedge shows her thundering Thighs in Public by wearing such a short shrts - See all photos inside!
- Alia Bhatt opens about the Senior Actor on the sets