What Is Good
- Lead Pair
What Is Bad
- Second Half Screenplay
- Dragged Pre Climax
Shakthi (Nani) is a village boy, dreading the idea of returning to his father's farms after he graduates. Her runs into bright and ambitious Shruti (Vani Kapoor) and blarneys himself into her wedding planner business. First he has to promise not to be anything more than a friend, because she does not believe in mixing work with romance. Shruthi aim is to reach the posh wedding list and reach the standards created by Chandra (Simran). Their company Ghetti Mellam delivers great weddings each time and prospers, but Shruti breaks her own rule and falls for Shakthi, who is too confused to act. It results in a bitter break-up of the business. After this, the pace slows down, till the film reaches the inevitable end.
Considering the performances, i would say this movie is the fine performance by Nani. The actor has done so well, underplaying in many situations giving importance to other characters in the movie. He stands tall in comedy and romance scenes. Vani Kapoor is very charming with her smile and sizzled in the songs part. The only character which doesn't suit well to the script is Simran, she looks odd in her character. There are few scenes in the movie which can make you laugh. By the way, its an enjoyable experience towards the end credits. The supoorting characters has also excelled with their performances.
Remakes are never an easy task. It has to retain the flavour of the original and at the same time ensure that it suits the local audience for which it has been remade. I can understand Clausius's theorem but why on earth was this film remade, remains a mystery. When makers of Jabardasth failed to provide YRF the credit I guess the temptation for producers is too hard to resist to prove its their product.
Aaha Kalyanam is a remake of the 2010 Bollywood blockbuster Band Baaja Baaraat starring Ranveer Singh and Anushka Sharma. Story of the film very thin but its was magical script, music and performances that worked in Band Baaja Baaraat. In the remake version too slow and unmagical. Screenplay and direction of this film is pretty normal and to some extent tasteless. The screenplay in first half is pretty bad. The director, needed to have more research to understand the pulse of youth before remaking a North Indian product to South.
The music is by Dharan Kumar has proved his mettle with this music. The songs are a rage with young people and music lovers and topping the charts. The background score also adds strength to the script. Loganathan Srinivasan did the camera work, a great advantage for Aaha Kalyanam. The man in the lens has led his camera to the next level. Editing by Bavan Sreekumar should have been crispier as the film fails to reach the magical feel of Band Baaja Baaraat. Customes in the film could have been changed they could have atleast changed them for Nativity. Production Values of Yash Raj Productions are grand.
The first half of the film is okay and second half is dragged. This film is a failed effort from Gokul Krishna to dish out youth orientation and romantic instead of content. Aaha Kalyanam script had potential, but goes wasted. The first half starts off well, but post session (poetic kiss) scene, it begins to fall apart. You desperately hope it picks up, but it doesn't. The direction and writing in the second half of the film, completely ruins what looked like a decent entertainer from the trailers. If you indeed decide to watch this, make sure you walk out half an hour into the second half. I would suggest, you wait for the DVD or the Television premiere.
- Malini and Co Telugu Movie Review, Rating
- Best Actors Telugu Movie Review, Rating
- Kick 2 Telugu Movie Review, Rating - APHERALD
- Cinema Chupista Maava (Cinema Choopistha Mava) Telugu Movie Review, Rating
- Srimanthudu Review, Rating - LIVE UPDATES
- Srimanthudu Telugu Movie Review, Rating - Prince Mahesh Babu
- Mantra2 (2015) Telugu Movie Review, Rating
- Pandavulu Okkadu (Pandavullo Okkadu) Telugu Movie Review, Rating
- Allari Naresh James Bond Telugu Movie Review, Rating
- Jilla Telugu Movie Review, Rating
- REVIEW : BAAHUBALI (BAHUBALI) - APHERALD
- Basthi Telugu Movie Review, Rating
- Superstar Kidnap Telugu Movie Review, Rating
- REVIEW : TIGER
- Rajini's title used once again
- Complete details of 'Kaaki Sattai' actor's next movie
- B'Day Special: Abbai's gift to Babai
- Best Bollywood actors in 2015 !
- TRADE: Srimanthudu brings profits beyond Table profit for producers
- MustWatch: Pawan's extravaganza in Sardaar Gabbar Singh
- Amitabh gets message shock?
- Sardaar Gabbar Singh First Look Teaser Talk
- Top director gets Delhi HC shock !
- Movie wrapped within 3 weeks !!
- Sivaji family meets Chief Minister
- Dictator offering 'Vinayaka Chaviti' specials
- The 'Darling' actress is now a cop
- Young Super Star along with a Director joins Sarathkumar & Team
- Finally, 'GOOGLE' changes its look after 16 years
- YSRCP takes on Speaker in AP assembly
- Outdated CBN and Updated Jagan
- Owaisi supports Aurangazeb?
- TRS Leaders Upset with Talasani
- Telangana to get massive refund
- AP to become ragging free state?
- Where did you hide in the Parliament?
- Chandra Babu suffering from Alzheimer?
- Coming Soon: Cheap Liquor U-Turn
- Affair Movie Song Trailer Launch
- Bruce Lee The Fighter Latest Photos
- Subramanyam For Sale New Poster
- YSR Dead Body Photos
- Check Post Movie Posters Pawan Kalyan Birthday Special
- YS Rajasekhara Reddy Padayatra Photos
- Pawan Kalyan Birthday Posters
- Impressive YS Rajasekhara Reddy Paintings Photos
- YS Rajasekhara Reddy Rare & Unseen Photos
- Pawan Kalyan Rare & Unseen Photos
- Sardaar Gabbar Singh Latest Poster
- Madhavi Latha Latest Photos
- Ashwini Latest Spicy Pics
- Ajith Kumar Unseen Pictures