Washington sources have stated that man in Florida tried to burn down a convenience store owned by Indian-Americans because he thought the owners were Muslims. Richard Lloyd had told the police officials that he wanted to “run the Arabs out of our country” so he pushed a dumpster in front of the Port St. Lucie store on Friday and set the contents on fire, St. Lucie County Sheriff Ken Mascara said in a news release posted on Facebook.
It was stated that the fire was put out quickly and didn’t cause much damage since the store was closed and protected by security shutters. Lloyd had told detectives he assumed the owner was a Muslim and that angered him because of “what they are doing in the Middle East,” Mascara said.
The sheriff had said “It’s unfortunate that Lloyd made the
assumption that the store owners were Arabic when, in fact, they are of Indian
descent" and Lloyd’s mental health will be evaluated and the state
attorney’s office will decide if this was a hate crime.
Meanwhile Lloyd was charged with first-degree arson and booked into the St. Lucie County Jail in lieu of a $30,000 bond. According to CNN affiliate WPEC, Lloyd told investigators he tried to buy a bottle of Tropicana orange pineapple juice at the store a few days ago but was told they didn’t have any. He was also upset because he assumed that the store employee was a Muslim.
10th Anniversary Celebrations done at BAPS Sri Swaminarayan Mandir Atlanta sources have stated that His Holiness Mahant Swami Maharaj, the current spiritual leader of the BAPS Swaminarayan Sanstha, joined devotees and well-wishers in celebrating the ten-year anniversary of the BAPS Shri Swaminarayan Mandir in Atlanta, GA on July 1, 2017. The Mandir was inaugurated by His Holiness Pramukh Swami Maharaj in 2007
- University Professor blamed for Child trafficking in Atlanta
- Bangladeshi diplomat charged for labor trafficking
- Irish PM extended family in Mumbai ecstatic
- Chicago's campaign about Trump's immigration policies launched
- Trump says Portland hates crime unacceptable
- By 2026, 23 Million Americans to lose Health Insurance
- National Geographic Bee contest won by Indian American student
- Indian -American prosecutor called for probe into Russian meddling
- Texas warns people of color subjected to profiling
- Donald Trump appoints Neil Chatterjee Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
- Nancy Pelosi will lead bipartisan to India
- Indian Origin man robbed while rescuing female co-worker
- Mann Kaur, 101 years breaks record In Sky Tower
- Indian American man charged with Insider trading
- Surgeon asked to resign from Trump administration