Washington sources have stated that man in Florida tried to burn down a convenience store owned by Indian-Americans because he thought the owners were Muslims. Richard Lloyd had told the police officials that he wanted to “run the Arabs out of our country” so he pushed a dumpster in front of the Port St. Lucie store on Friday and set the contents on fire, St. Lucie County Sheriff Ken Mascara said in a news release posted on Facebook.
It was stated that the fire was put out quickly and didn’t cause much damage since the store was closed and protected by security shutters. Lloyd had told detectives he assumed the owner was a Muslim and that angered him because of “what they are doing in the Middle East,” Mascara said.
The sheriff had said “It’s unfortunate that Lloyd made the
assumption that the store owners were Arabic when, in fact, they are of Indian
descent" and Lloyd’s mental health will be evaluated and the state
attorney’s office will decide if this was a hate crime.
Meanwhile Lloyd was charged with first-degree arson and booked into the St. Lucie County Jail in lieu of a $30,000 bond. According to CNN affiliate WPEC, Lloyd told investigators he tried to buy a bottle of Tropicana orange pineapple juice at the store a few days ago but was told they didn’t have any. He was also upset because he assumed that the store employee was a Muslim.
Trump nominated Indian American federal judge to appeals court Washington sources have stated that US President Donald Trump announced on Tuesday that he is nominating Indian-American federal judge Amul Thapar for elevation to an appeals court, the second highest level of the US judiciary. It was stated that appeals courts are just below the Supreme Court. Thapar was on the shortlist of Trump’s picks for the Supreme Court that was announced during last year’s election campaign.
- Short Term Comfort for IT Employees due to relaxation in H1B Visa
- Bharara was fired by the Trump administration
- TRUMP and AMMA gets same salary...
- Florida man's attempt to burn an Indian - American store
- Indian Sikh shot dead in the state of Washington
- Indian techie spouse returns to US to fulfill his hubby's dreams (NRI)
- Declaration calls for better organizing, promoting regular migration at relevant skill levels
- Indian Origin shows worst and Best of America which are dominant traits
- Indian origin mistakenly murdered Instead of Middle Easterners (NRI)
- Trump revises order temporarily banning Muslims from entering America (NRI)
- US attorneys conduct investigation into Fox News
- Hotel Manager faces federal charges for helping US gang
- Increase in immigration raids comes in fulfillment of Trump's Campaign promises
- Trump's travel ban refused by Federal of Court
- Indian Scientists counterparts stranded outside America