Sean Spicer, press secretary declared that US might take longer time than expected to enforce the tightening laws for overseas professionals in the country.This creates hopes to Indian companies that there will be no impact of the laws now.The current employers may be benefited from the current H—1B visa policy for their workers this year.
He also further included, Trump took this move for the sake of border security, raised concerns to keep the country safe, his administration takes an in-depth look at Visa laws. Prime Minister, Narendra Modi raises his concerns regarding his NRI citizens in US in this regard.
He discussed about this when he met US Congressmen in Delhi, however, officials revealed, they are not going to out rule out the changes made in US Visa rules. According to the policy draft, it will force companies to offer entry-level jobs to the existing unemployed native citizens in the US instead of hiring cheaper workers from overseas.
Number of Indian students studying in the US has doubled in the last decade According to a report published by the US Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, the total number of Indian students now in the US stands at over 186,000, rising by more than 12% in the last one year. Meanwhile comprising 17.3% of all international students there, the Indian students are only behind China, which remains the top sender of students to the US since 2009-10 when it toppled India for the number one position.
- Teenager cum Student killed in a Road accident
- Indian American Sikh elected New Jersey Town Mayor
- Manisha Singh won Senate approval to be Assistant Secretary of State
- Indian re-arrested following completion of ten year sentence
- Can this iPhone based Ultrasound Machine detect Cancer??
- H1B and L1 Visas issue taken up by IT Professionals
- Until we get proof, we are not going to label it is Sherin Matthews
- Driver leaves woman to die in the car which was on fire!
- Nisha Biswal will head USIBC
- This 3 year old girl found missing after Father's punishment
- NRIs, Foreign Nationals for Registration in Indian Companies
- Why this London based Economist has contrarian take on household finances??
- Top NRIs Sector can invest for best returns
- Indian American chosen as FCC Chairman
- (USCIS) resumed the premium processing if H-1B Visa