Washington sources have stated that 37 year old man was arrested after he attacked a woman inside a gurdwara in the US state of Oregon. According to the police, Timothy Walter Schmidt was intoxicated and was walking by the Sikh temple in Oregon’s Gresham city on Sunday night. He asked to use a restroom at the temple and was allowed inside.
When Schmidt came out of the bathroom, he saw a 26 year old female in the gurdwara and attacked her. According to Detective Adam Baker, a temple member heard the commotion and pulled Schmidt off of the woman and held him down until the police arrived.
Schmidt was lodged into the Multnomah county jail and charged with
assault, menacing, coercion, attempted rape, sex abuse and unlawful use of a
weapon, said the report.
The accused had a criminal history, including three DUII convictions, said police officials and it is not clear if religion or ethnicity played a role in the attack, but that is something the police were looking into, according to the report.
Nisha Biswal will head USIBC Washington sources have stated that Nisha Biswal, a former US Assistant Secretary of State for South and Central Asian Affairs, will head the US India Business Council (USIBC), according to an official announcement. Meanwhile Myron Brilliant, US Chamber executive vice-president and head of International Affairs said “We are thrilled to welcome Nisha Biswal to the US-India Business Council and to the US Chamber team".
- This 3 year old girl found missing after Father's punishment
- NRIs, Foreign Nationals for Registration in Indian Companies
- Why this London based Economist has contrarian take on household finances??
- Top NRIs Sector can invest for best returns
- Indian American chosen as FCC Chairman
- (USCIS) resumed the premium processing if H-1B Visa
- Is Aadhaar Card Mandatory for NRI Weddings?
- Donald Trump appointed Raj Shah as White House Communications Operations