New York sources have stated that Appalled by the widespread ignorance of Sikhism that sparks hate crimes, a Sikh organization has launched a $1.5 million TV campaign to educate Americans about the faith and how the religion’s values of tolerance and equality reflect that of the nation, according to its promoters.
It was stated that the TV commercials from the National Sikh Campaign (NSC) that debuted on Friday on Baisakhi, are backed by research into Americans’ perceptions of Sikhism and religion and take on an original approach with a positive spin presenting Sikhs as integral members of the US society, whether it is politics or popular culture.
Rajwant Singh, a co-founder of the NSC added “We needed to focus our energy in telling the people who we are and what we stand for, what our religion and what our turban is, so people have a better understanding. Right now the turban is considered a symbol of terrorism, or something anti-American.”
While Sikh leaders have been meeting Presidents and top elected leaders and were warmly received, Singh said, it was realized that it was important to reach out to the common American because the ignorance at that level drives hate crimes against Sikhs.The ads running on national news channels CNN and Fox News, and on local stations in Fresno, the California city with the highest number of Sikhs, shows the community as American neighbors going about their daily lives, professing patriotism and national values but also a shared love for the TV series, “Game of Thrones” and the children’s show, “Sponge Bob Square Pants”.
Less Focus on H1-B Visas says USA Ambassador - Will it impact on Indian companies? According to sources new US Ambassador to India Kenneth Juster had said currently US is undertaking a comprehensive review of its visa policy but it’s not focused on any one country or H-1B visas. Meanwhile he said as the US administration had not yet announced the policy, he can’t comment on the impact it may have.
- Indian American couple contributed $1 Million for Indian Fund
- US Navy veteran charged with killing an Indian engineer has pleaded not guilty
- The number of Indian students pursuing in USA are increased 2x times - Report says!
- Adopted 3 year girl found dead in ditch with injuries
- Term of Indian Ambassador to the US Navtej Sarna been extended
- Indian father shot while protecting son from robbers
- Miss World 2017 Crown by Indian Manushi Chhillar
- Teenager cum Student killed in a Road accident
- Indian American Sikh elected New Jersey Town Mayor
- Manisha Singh won Senate approval to be Assistant Secretary of State
- Indian re-arrested following completion of ten year sentence
- Can this iPhone based Ultrasound Machine detect Cancer??
- H1B and L1 Visas issue taken up by IT Professionals
- Until we get proof, we are not going to label it is Sherin Matthews
- Driver leaves woman to die in the car which was on fire!