India is celebrating its 70th Independence Day today and patriotism filled the hearts of people across the nation. People remembered freedom fighters who made supreme sacrifices laying their lives for freedom of fellow country men.
Freedom fighters during their fight against the British raised many inspiring slogans which instilled pride and patriotism among people. Here are some of the slogans of our freedom fighters.
Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose
Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose who sent shivers with his Azad Hind Fauz among British famously raised his popular slogan 'Jai Hind'. This slogan inspired many and even now all Indians use this slogan and even after national anthem, many use this slogan. The then British PM Clement Atlee confessed that it was fear of Subhash Chandra Bose which forced them to give Independence to India.
Bankim Chandra Chatopadhyay
Bankim Chandra Chatopadhyay's novel Anandmath in 1882 became popular for poem Vande Mataram. The poem written in Bengali and Sanskrit inspired many to worship motherland and fight for the country. The slogan Vande Mataram became war cry during freedom struggle.
Bal Gangadhar Tilak
Bal Gangadhar Tilak adopted popular slogan 'swaraj mera janamsidh adhikar hai,aur main ise lekar rahunga' coined by Kaka Baptista. This motivated many who fought against the Britishers.
Lal Bahadur Sastri
Lal Bahadur Sastri coined Jai Jaawan Jai Kisaan to strike chords with everyone. It touched the hearts of one and all.
Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya
Madan Mohan Malaviya roared 'Satyameva Jayate' meaning Truth Alone Triumphs. It has been adopted as national motto of India and is also based in out national emblem.
Bhagat Singh instilled fire of Patriotism with his slogan 'Inquilab Zindabad'. The slogan was coined by Muslim leader Hasrat Mohani.
Ramprasad Bismil used the patriotic poem Bismil Asimabadi 'sarfaroshi ki tamanna,ab hamare dil mein hai' as slogan to stir patriotic fervour.
Chandra Sekhar Azad thundered "Dushman ki goliyon ka hum samna karenge, Azad hee rahein hain, Azad hee rahenge" after Jallianwala bagh massacre.
Jawaharlal Nehru always cautioned “Araam Haraam hai” keeping everyone vigilant.
Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose
Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose who is known for fiery speeches coined another popular patriotic slogan “Tum mujhe khoon do, mai tumhe azaadi doonga.”
Is Narayana Institutions running without prior permission? According to sources Andhra Pradesh Municipal Administration and Urban Development minister P Narayana has received a big shock. Meanwhile the Narayana Educational institution, which is owned by the minister, was fined for running hostels and institutions without any valid permission.
- You can start booking Jio Phones soon after Diwali ends!
- Modi to inaugurate Hyderabad Metro Rail by next month
- Women left to die in a car by the driver
- Hyderabad Fans gifted to see Sunny Leone Perform Live
- Will PV Sindhu and Kidambi Srikanth carry India's hope in Denmark Open???
- Shocking allegations of TRS Leader on TS Speaker
- Is YS Jagan using Magic Cards against TDP?
- Do you Know? What is India's Rank in Smartphone Usage?
- "I don't care if I lose one eye, but you should lose two eyes..." - TTV Dinakaran
- Hyderabad will experiences rain for one more week: MET
- Director Varma directs a Biopic in the name of YS Jagan
- Tamilnadu hikes liquor prices - Rs.12 increased for Quarter, Rs.10 for a cooling beer!
- Myntra join hands with Textile Ministry in order to increase the demand for Handlooms
- A Cheating case filed against 'Power Star'
- Just 2mm of Rainfall and these are the conditions of Bengaluru Roads - SHOCKING Photos and Video