A government appointed committee has suggested that the foreign direct investment i.e. FDI limit in the print media be raised to 49% from its present level of 26%.The information and broadcasting ministries committee headed by Information and Broadcasting director Asha Swarup had given recommendations to this extent. This panel would provide the roadmap and the government would take care of the policy initiatives to realize that. This development is crucial because our country got more than 78,000 registered newspapers and the developments here in could have affect on all of them. If the said roadmap materializes into full-fledged FDI in Print media, that would mean many mergers and acquisitions of these native newspapers. As, otherwise these native newspapers may not be able to cope up with the ensuing competition and news content too. This is a dangerous development in the light of the seasoned approach that these foreign news papers bring into the arena, which could drive away the local players, if they try to preserve their autonomy. It is already known that these foreign media are more driven by the corporate interests and try to ‘manufacture Consent’ amongst the masses of the country, in favour of their agendas. The said phrasing i.e. ‘Manufacturing Consent’ was used by the most popular Intellectual living today i.e. Noam Chomsky, in order to depict the nature of these ,media. They do try to generate consent for the mission set forth by their countries corporate and the political class, in every corner of the world they do enter. This would be dangerous for our native culture and the self-sustenance in the economy too. It is already known that there are some countries in Latin America, which are called as the ‘Banana republics. These countries are called so because they have lost their sovereignty and became subservient to the U.S corporate interests. This is the kind of danger that awaits our country, given we allow for the FDI in the crucial idea moulding sector of the print media. Then those foreign media with all their research and skills in manipulating minds of their readers could open in the doors for another round of colonial mind control on us.
A Telangana Girl has plotted the murder based on Ramcharan - Allu Arjun movie A Telangana girl who cheated on her husband and killed him along with her alleged lover, and later threw acid on him as well, was arrested by police. The girl, identified as Swathi, was married to Sudhakar Reddy Two years back, but later fell in love with Rajesh, and later plotted with Rajesh to kill Sudhakar Reddy.
- Key Indian Sensex touched huge points in trade so far
- Massive increase in US Global arms sales
- Okay, so the Second Most-watched Video on YouTube in 2017 across the World is...
- Late Princess Diana's bag been auctioned
- Thieves looted jewelry from Lalitha Jewelry outlet
- YS Jagan completed his 31 days of Praja Sankalpa Yatra
- Andhra University got NAAC 'A' grade but it has to improve to achieve A++ grade" Vice President
- Will Soniya Gandhi play an effective role making way for Rahul Gandhi?
- Only these TWO INDIAN PLAYERS were invited for Kohli's wedding
- Forget Delhi, Even Chennai Air Pollution has now reached Hazardous levels
- SHOCKING: Dangal Girl Zaira molested in Flight - Watch Video!
- Chandrababu Naidu taking steps to strengthen TDP in Telangana
- Who is Revanth reddy's next Target?
- YS Jagan on his fourth day in Anantapur district
- 65 Year Old man caught for clicking pictures of women in Metro Rail