A government appointed committee has suggested that the foreign direct investment i.e. FDI limit in the print media be raised to 49% from its present level of 26%.The information and broadcasting ministries committee headed by Information and Broadcasting director Asha Swarup had given recommendations to this extent. This panel would provide the roadmap and the government would take care of the policy initiatives to realize that. This development is crucial because our country got more than 78,000 registered newspapers and the developments here in could have affect on all of them. If the said roadmap materializes into full-fledged FDI in Print media, that would mean many mergers and acquisitions of these native newspapers. As, otherwise these native newspapers may not be able to cope up with the ensuing competition and news content too. This is a dangerous development in the light of the seasoned approach that these foreign news papers bring into the arena, which could drive away the local players, if they try to preserve their autonomy. It is already known that these foreign media are more driven by the corporate interests and try to ‘manufacture Consent’ amongst the masses of the country, in favour of their agendas. The said phrasing i.e. ‘Manufacturing Consent’ was used by the most popular Intellectual living today i.e. Noam Chomsky, in order to depict the nature of these ,media. They do try to generate consent for the mission set forth by their countries corporate and the political class, in every corner of the world they do enter. This would be dangerous for our native culture and the self-sustenance in the economy too. It is already known that there are some countries in Latin America, which are called as the ‘Banana republics. These countries are called so because they have lost their sovereignty and became subservient to the U.S corporate interests. This is the kind of danger that awaits our country, given we allow for the FDI in the crucial idea moulding sector of the print media. Then those foreign media with all their research and skills in manipulating minds of their readers could open in the doors for another round of colonial mind control on us.
What happened to VP of India who was admitted in AIIMS Hospital? New Delhi sources have stated that India Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu is admitted to All India Institute Of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) hospital in New Delhi. Sources have stated that it is a routine monthly check-up, Naidu went to the hospital where he was diagnosed with high BP and sugar levels.
- Sri Lankan fishermen rescued by Indian Cargo Vessel Members
- Unlike 'Blue Liquids' shown in sanitary pad commercials, 'Bodyform' shows real menstrual blood in their ads!
- CM Chandrababu Naidu plans to start 500 new IT firms within next 12 months
- TITA members from IT Companies pledged to plant saplings across the GHMC limits
- An Andhra Church Pastor lured and sexually assaulted women in his church!
- Chief Minister of Jharkhand riding on a 2-Wheeler without a Helmet - Controversial VIDEO inside
- NTR Atom Bombs will explode next Diwali
- A Mild Earthquake hits Hyderabad!
- KCR's Master Plan - Avoid BJP totally and split the rival groups!
- Orionoid Meteor Shower - Here's a guide on How and Where to watch it in India this Weekend
- Did Revanth Reddy touched CM KCRs feet??
- Why CM Chandrababu Naidu didn't celebrate Diwali??
- Mohammed Azharuddin to contest in Telangana Assembly Elections!
- Doctors vent their rage against 'Mersal' for portraying them in a bad light
- TDP splits into Anti Revanth and Pro Revanth groups!