All the speculations as who is going to be the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh has come to an end with the BJP high command announcing Yogi Adithya Nath’s name. The newly-elected 312 BJP MLAs in Uttar Pradesh today elected Yogi Adityanath, 44, as the next Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh, a dramatic decision that brings the curtains down on the week-long suspense over who the BJP will choose.
Apart from Yogi Adityanath, state party chief Keshav Prasad
Maurya and telecom minister Manij Sinha were the other two front runners
for the CM post. BJP high command who
met today in UP decided the CM candidate after holding a meeting. Slogans were
raised by the party workers in favor of Adityanath outside the meeting hall
when the meeting was underway.
There was a huge debate across the country as who would occupy the CM chair. The high command put an end to all kinds of debates by electing Adityanath. The 44 year old Adityanath is a five time MP from Gorakhpur and also the founder of Hindu Yuva Vahini.He was always making headlines for his controversial remarks.
All arrangements have been made for grand swearing-in ceremony on Sunday at a sprawling complex on the outskirts of Lucknow. The event is expected to be attended by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Shah and a clutch of senior ministers.
PM Modi visiting Germany, Spain, Russia and France, will hold bilateral talks with Angela Merkel New Delhi sources have stated that Prime Minister Narendra Modi will seek to repair India's drifting partnership with Russia when he meets President Vladimir Putin this week in the third leg of his four-nation tour of Europe that begins yesterday.
- Is Mamata Banerjee the real challenger to Narendra Modi in 2019?
- Is Junior NTR hosting Telugu 'Big Boss's?
- Pawan Kalyan has no Value for Common People: BJP
- Mahatma Gandhi killed by two assassins?
- India, World Roundup May 29
- TS, AP Roundup May 29
- How will Yogi comeout of this shame?
- Zika Virus in India: Gujarat cited as 'mistake' by WHO
- AAP slams Yogi over Loan Waiver Scheme
- Arun Jaitley calls Karnataka to join 'Aspirational India's' Movement
- Who are the Top Performers in Telangana?
- Is KCR coming with bogus surveys
- In UP group of 14 Men molest 2 Women, Video goes Viral
- Shocker: RaGa's Cong kills calf to defeat Modi?
- PM Narendra Modi begins his 4 Nation tour from Today