1. For development, India needs a movement: PM Modi : For its development, India needs a movement akin to the freedom movement, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said on Saturday.
2. Nizamuddin clerics missing in Pakistan traced, will return to India soon : The two Indian clerics of Delhi's Hazrat Nizamuddin Dargah who went missing in Pakistan have been traced and will return to India soon.
3. Only a Bihari can defeat Narendra Modi in 2019 general elections: Tejashwi : Bihar's deputy CM Tejashwi Prasad Yadav on Saturday came in open support of some JD(U) functionaries' demand to project Nitish Kumar as opposition's prime ministerial candidate for the 2019 general election when he declared that only a politician from Bihar would defeat PM Narendra Modi in the next parliamentary polls.
4. DRI, Customs on toes after reports of fake currency and arms being unloaded at various sea ports : An alert from the Directorate of Revenue Intelligence (DRI) on Friday saying that fake currency and arms have landed at sea ports in the country, has led to a nation-wide operation by the DRI and Customs sleuths.
5. Centre pushes for e-prison software as part of prison reforms : The Modi government is pushing for implementation of prison reforms across the country and the release of thousands of undertrial prisoners languishing in jails for longer than the number of years they would have been sentenced to if convicted.
6. Make justice accessible to poor & oppressed, says CJI : Expressing concern over India's poor ranking in Rule of Law index, Chief Justice of India J S Khehar appealed on Saturday to all those involved in justice dispensation to make all-out efforts to make judicial redress accessible to all, particularly to the poor and neglected.
7. Indian clerics to reach Delhi on Monday: Sushma Swaraj : External Affairs Minister Sushma Swarajspoke to one of the two clerics of Delhi's Hazrat Nizamuddin Dargah, who were later traced after going missing in Pakistan.
8. Indo-Bangla Army cycling expedition to begin from March 22 : The Indian and Bangladesh Armies will be organising a joint cycling expeditionbetween March 22 and April 4.
9. Bid to end VIP culture: No red beacons, 2-year foreign travel ban for ministers in Punjab : The Amarinder Singh government on Saturday put a ban on use of beacons on government vehicles, foreign travel of ministers for two years and organising of banquets on state expense, in a bid to end VIP culture in Punjab.
10. Yogi Adityanath named UP Chief Minister: BJP seems to be seeking majority consolidation ahead of Lok Sabha Polls : Prime Minister Narendra Modiand BJP chief Amit Shah chose saffron hardliner Yogi Adityanath to be the chief minister of UP in a defiant assertion of their Hindutva nationalist credentials midway through the term of the NDA regime at the Centre.
11. Three ISIS posters found in Rohtas village : Three posters carrying the name of ISIS and asking youths in Bihar to join the terror organisation were found pasted on electric poles at Maoist-infested Sikrauli Bihga village under Nauhatta police station in Rohtas district, around 150km from here.
12. Aishwarya Rai Bachchan’s father Krishnaraj Rai passes away in Mumbai : Krishnaraj Rai, father of Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, passed away in Mumbai on Saturday. He was hospitalized few weeks ago due to health-related issues.
1. North Korea tests newly developed high-thrust rocket engine : North Korea has conducted a ground test of a new type of high-thrust rocket engine that leader Kim Jong Unis calling a revolutionary breakthrough for the country's space program.
2. The toxic mystery behind Kim Jong-Nam's assassination : More than a month after Kim Jong-Namwas murdered in Kuala Lumpur, experts are struggling to make sense of Malaysia's findings that the lethal nerve agent VX was used to kill him without apparent harm to anyone else.
3. Paris airport attacker ready 'to die for Allah' : Frenchman Ziyed Ben Belgacem, who was shot dead by a soldier Saturday at Paris's Orly airport, was ready "to die for Allah" and had vowed to slay others.
4. Russian space official found dead in prison cell : A top official of Russia's space agency has been found dead in a prison where he was being held on charges of embezzlement.
5. Germany owes NATO 'vast sums': Donald Trump : US President Donald Trump on Saturday accused Germany of owing "vast sums of money" to NATO, and said Berlin should pay Washington more for defense, a day after meeting Chancellor Angela Merkel.
6. Tanzania to send 500 doctors to Kenya to help cover strike : Tanzaniawill send 500 doctors to Kenya to help overcome the effects of a strike in public hospitals, the Tanzanian president's office said on Saturday.
7. Daughter of late Iran president gets 6-month prison sentence : The outspoken daughter of Iran's late President Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani has been sentenced to six months in prison for "spreading lies against the judiciary," a semi-official news agency reported Saturday, as the country prepares for a May presidential election.
8. Eleven candidates confirmed in French presidential race : Eleven candidates have been approved to run for French president, the country's Constitutional Council announced Saturday, a month before the vote.
9. Trump not safe in White House: Former Secret Service agent : US President Donald Trump is not safe inside the White House and even the Secret Service would not be able to protect him during a terror attack, a former Secret Service agent who had guarded previous presidents has warned.
10. Bangladesh police shoot suspected militant armed with explosives : Bangladesh police shot and killed a suspected militant who tried to enter a security checkpost on a motorcycle armed with explosives on Saturday, the latest in a string of security incidents since a deadly attack on a cafe in July.
Educational Institutions in Kerala shut amid continuous rain Thiruvananthapuram sources have stated that Heavy rains continued to batter Kerala on Sunday causing widespread damage, landslip and water logging in various parts with the state government announcing a holiday today in educational institutes. With the south west monsoon rigorous over the state and the Met office predicting more rains including very heavy spells at a few places over the next two days
- Differences Between Modi and Pawan Kalyan?
- What did Bill Gates contributed to AP?
- This Congress Leader triggered twitter battle with BJP
- Hyderabad husband killed wife for not getting MBBS seat
- Will 180 Kashmiri migrant teachers issue sought by UPSC?
- Homeopathy Women Doctor arrested for filing fake dowry case
- PM Modi omitted Pawan from the list
- NGO from Andhra Pradesh sends 68 paise cheque to PM Narendra Modi to highlight the plight of farmers
- SS. Rajamouli appreciated by Venkaiah Naidu, Chief Minister KCR
- Telangana Women burnt Cheap Quality Bathukamma Sarees on roads
- Drinking in Public places at Goa banned by State Government
- Questions on TSPSC becomes a topic in Social Media
- Will this new strategy of PK works for Jagan & YSRCP?
- Manmohan the hard core fan of PM Modi
- Twist to the tail:What will happen next to the CM of Tamil Nadu