1. Telangana set to lead India in solar power generation by year-end : Energy minister G Jagadishwar Reddy said that Telangana is set to become the biggest solar power generating state in the country by the end of this year.
2. UDAY scheme: State sanctions 6,990cr funds to TSTransco : In tune with the agreement signed by the Telangana government with the Centre on joining the Ujwal Discom Assurance Yojana (UDAY) scheme, the state government has sanctioned Rs 6,990 crore to TSTransco as additional funds towards equity in Discoms.
3. Riding on monsoon hope, KT Rama Rao promises 24x7 water : Daily water supply in the city may soon become a reality. With the main requirement of a good monsoon this year. Municipal Administration minister K T Rama Rao on Saturday announced in the Legislative Assembly that the Hyderabad Metropolitan Water Supply and Sewerage Board (HMWS&SB) was getting ready to provide daily water supply in the core city.
4. Cong blockbuster grit: Our 'Bahubali' to demolish TRS : Barely days after release of the trailer of Bahubali 2, the film's protagonist seems to have made his way into the Legislative Assembly lobbies.
5. No child rights panel in Telangana, kids vulnerable to crimes : With a 30% rise in crime against children in one year (2014 and 2015), absence of a child rights commission in Telangana has left thousands of children in a vulnerable state.
6. Woman moves Hyderabad court against divorce plea in US : A Family Court in the City Civil Court complex has passed an interim injunction restraining an NRI husband in the US from pursuing a divorce plea in a Texas Court.
7. Shashi Tharoor at Hyderabad University, says universities are over-regulated and under-governed : Higher education institutions in the country have become 'over-regulated' and 'under-governed', said member of parliament Shashi Tharoor on Saturday, expressing concern over educational policies.
8. Girls asked to lift veil at SSC exam centre, tension brews : Mild tension prevailed in the Saidabad area on Saturday after school authorities during an SSC examination allegedly asked girls to remove their hijab for identification before entering the examination hall.
9. Hyderabad school locks up 19 students over fee dues : Mild tension prevailed in the Saidabad area on Saturday after school authorities during an SSC examination allegedly asked girls to remove their hijab for identification before entering the examination hall.
10. Telangana CM to PM Modi: Take up hate crimes with Trump govt : Chief minister K Chandrashekar Rao on Saturday wrote to Prime Minister Narendra Modi urging him to take up the issue of hate crimes against Indians with the US government.
1. Govt docs’ association meet -- reg for state breifly : The general body and the executive meetings of A.P. Government Doctors’ Association will take place in Vijayawada on March 26.
2. Make Coastal Security Police an elite force, say experts : The 26/11 Mumbai terror attack changed the entire security strategy of the nation. Land was no longer the only infiltration route, and the oceans were considered to be more porous and easy entry points.
3. Woman Maoist, four militia members surrender : woman Maoist, Gemmili Chandramma alias Akhila, 33, a native of Peda Agraharam of G.K. Veedhi mandal in Visakhapatnam Agency, surrendered before Superintendent of Police (Visakha Rural) Rahul Dev Sharma here on Saturday.
4. Six-laning of highway will benefit VPT: Minister : The decision to develop six-lane Anakapalle-Anandapuram access control highway as part of NH-16 will benefit Visakhapatnam Port Trust in faster evacuation of cargo, said Mansukh Mandaviya, Union Minister of State for Road Transport, Highways, Shipping and Chemical and Fertilizers on Saturday.
5. City’s beauty floors Union Shipping Minister : The neatness and natural splendour of Visakhapatnam memerised Mansukh Mandaviya, Union Minister of State for Road Transport, Highways and Shipping during his maiden visit to the city on Saturday.
6. Andhra cricketers for Dhaka tourney : The Andhra Cricket Association’s two cricketers — Ranji skipper Hanuma Vihari and medium pacer K.V. Sasikanth — have been picked for the India Emerging Under-23 team which will take part in the eight-nation Asia Cup tournament in Dhaka later this month.
7. Seminar on ‘Data modelling and predictive analytics’ : Vice-Chancellor of Andhra University G. Nageswara Rao has underlined the need to use technology for betterment of society.
8. Past, Present and Future’ : British Council in association with GITAM University is organising a lecture on Higgs Boson: Past, Present and Future by Dr. Victoria Martin, Reader in Particle Physics, University of Edinburgh on March 24 at KRC auditorium.
9. Bank of Baroda keen on extending financial support to AP : The Bank of Baroda is keen on extending financial support to the State government, said the bank’s General Manager (Bengaluru zone), P. Narsimha Rao.
10. Separate budgetary provision for North Andhra sought : A separate budgetary provision for the backward North Andhra and Rayalaseema, on the lines of sub-plan, improving education and employment opportunities in the region as pointed out by Sri Krishna Commission, creating irrigation facilities, making resolution in the Assembly for implementing the provisions of the Reorganisation Act for development of North Andhra and railway zone were among the issues raised in a declaration at a roundtable organised by Forum for Development of North Andhra on Saturday.
Former Congress MLA held for helping exchange illegal notes According to sources former Congress MLA Rajesh Jain, who was arrested last month for allegedly making illegal transactions following notes ban, had helped exchange demonetized notes worth Rs 4.5 crore. Meanwhile the police said the Crime Branch had arrested Jain for allegedly conspiring with lawyer Rohit Tandon and some others to make illegal transactions by using fake bank accounts worth Rs 50 crore.
- Swacch Bharat campaign vigorously going in Hyderabad
- Christmas Dinner organized on December 18
- KCR approved six months maternity leave for female home guards
- Why Revanth not booked any room at Gandhi Bhavan?
- Another major setback to Telangana TDP that is already ailing in the region
- Media houses changed big time with each journalist taking sides of few actors
- To gain TDP's support in both Lower House and Upper House, Modi settling issues with Naidu
- How could Modi meet Manmohan Singh even after accusing him?
- Do you know the Most Searched Word in 2017? Mariam Webster Dictionary reveals
- People don't care about Rajinikanth entering Politics - A Shocking Survey Report !!
- LG launches flagship smartphone!!
- Facing each other after a faceoff!!
- New promises for women self help group by YS Jagan
- Modi so far addressed 30 rallies in Gujarat
- #GujaratRound2 - Second Phase of Polling happens - Modi's mother casts her vote