Venkatesan told in an interview here when asked what message does his appointment sends to the stakeholders that "This is fairly seamless sort of action. I have been on the board for six years and it signals continuity and the need to double down on the agenda that the board has and Vishal (Sikka) has embarked on”.
Earlier on Thursday last, Infosys elevated its independent director Ravi Venkatesan as co-chairman. The move is widely seen as a step taken by the board to end its public spat with founders, mainly NR Narayana Murthy. Venkatesan said "At Infosys, we got another leadership happening concurrently which is from promoter-led company to professional board or professional CEO”.
He added "So, we have got fairly large set of challenges. I see, there is a heck of a lot of turbulence headwinds and software, and things like that. In this scenario, I see myself supporting Sesha (Seshasayee) and the board. Also, working closely with Vishal Sikka on whole set of issues”.
Venkatesan also added "If you got to fly a plane through a storm, it is helpful to have a co-pilot in the cockpit”. Infosys is in the eye of a storm with the spat between Infosys chairman emeritus Narayana Murthy and company CEO Vishal Sikka. The promoter has raised governance issues including the pay hike of Infosys COO Pravin Rao. On the other hand, Infosys Chairman R Seshasayee said challenges bring people together.
Survey says Indians are always in Social Media during Holidays According to sources Indians top ahead of Thailand and Mexico when it comes to using social media while holidaying, says a survey conducted by Expedia. Accordingly Indians love to be connected all the time and however, it also means that they do not disconnect from work much. Indians are globally most anxious on not being able to access WiFi or internet to check work e-mail. In fact they lead in showing a preference for an airline that offers in-flight WiFi.
- Myntra join hands with Textile Ministry in order to increase the demand for Handlooms
- A Cheating case filed against 'Power Star'
- "I don't care if I lose one eye, but you should lose two eyes..." - TTV Dinakaran
- Just 2mm of Rainfall and these are the conditions of Bengaluru Roads - SHOCKING Photos and Video
- Do you Know? What is India's Rank in Smartphone Usage?
- "Like Virat Kohli for Indian team, KT Rama Rao is Telangana's Kohli," Former Indian Cricket Captain
- YSRCP President holds BC Garjana after the Padayatra
- Overall internet penetration in India is currently around 31%
- Social Media highlighted failed promises of MLA
- A Devotee slips down from 4000 feet while coming around the Temple - Shocking Video!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail be catapulted by Narendra Modi next month
- State Govt initiated a probe into the corruption charges against AP Kapu Corporation MD
- Man accidentally slipped into nala at Dwaraka Nagar, pulled by the gushing water
- Has YSRCP chief YS Jaganmohan Reddy committed a mistake by approaching the High Court?
- Will Delhi breathe easier this Diwali??