Venkatesan told in an interview here when asked what message does his appointment sends to the stakeholders that "This is fairly seamless sort of action. I have been on the board for six years and it signals continuity and the need to double down on the agenda that the board has and Vishal (Sikka) has embarked on”.
Earlier on Thursday last, Infosys elevated its independent director Ravi Venkatesan as co-chairman. The move is widely seen as a step taken by the board to end its public spat with founders, mainly NR Narayana Murthy. Venkatesan said "At Infosys, we got another leadership happening concurrently which is from promoter-led company to professional board or professional CEO”.
He added "So, we have got fairly large set of challenges. I see, there is a heck of a lot of turbulence headwinds and software, and things like that. In this scenario, I see myself supporting Sesha (Seshasayee) and the board. Also, working closely with Vishal Sikka on whole set of issues”.
Venkatesan also added "If you got to fly a plane through a storm, it is helpful to have a co-pilot in the cockpit”. Infosys is in the eye of a storm with the spat between Infosys chairman emeritus Narayana Murthy and company CEO Vishal Sikka. The promoter has raised governance issues including the pay hike of Infosys COO Pravin Rao. On the other hand, Infosys Chairman R Seshasayee said challenges bring people together.
Kodandaram to Help Another Separate State Movement An agitation is on for the Separate Gorkhaland State in West Bengal which has become as a headache for Mamata Banerjee Government there. People of Darjeeling Hill Region are agitating for a separate state as they feel discrimination just like the case of Telangana in the United Andhra Pradesh.
- WHERE IS MODI'S WIFE - The Trumps were searching !!
- CHINA HAS CLOSED ROUTE FOR Kailash Mansarovar Yatra
- Trump's Travel Ban on Muslim nations now activated!!
- THREAT LETTER to AP ROAD MINISTER SON
- Ivanka TRUMP is very happy with MODI CHECK WHY!!
- WE WILL BE AGAINST TERRORISM JOINTLY SAYS TRUMP and MODI!!
- WARM HUGS AND FIRM HANDSHAKES BY MODI and TRUMP!!
- Top Powerful Indians in 2017 to be followed
- TN Govt expressed concern on attacks on Indian Fishermen by Srilankan Navy
- Will your online shopping be affected due to GST?
- Banks is not responsible for loss of valuables in lockers: RBI
- MODI IS MY FRIEND SAYS Israel Prime Minister
- INFOSYS ADMIT THAT AUTOMATION SACKS OFF 11000 EMPLOYESS
- India has 'stubborn geopolitical thinking' says CHINA NEWSPAPER
- President Donald Trump Meets PM Modi hope for a better chemistry!!