Chennai sources have made a statement that on Monday, the first weekday after the WannaCry ransomware attack began, several thousand more computers turned out to be affected, particularly in Asia. However, a second wave of the attack that many feared would be carried out with mutated versions of the malware did not happen.
In India, Information Technology Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad said barring “isolated incidents” in Kerala and Andhra Pradesh, there had been no major impact of the attack. Mr. Prasad said the government had issued an advisory in March, and informed administrators about Microsoft’s “software patch” to be used against a possible attack. The existence of the EternalBlue exploit of Windows that the malware uses to spread has been known for some time.
It was stated that the systems run by the National Informatics Centre,
which maintains the government’s online infrastructure, were secure, the
Minister said. A cyber coordination centre to take precautions against such
attacks would start operations by June. A software upgrade of all government
systems will also be in place by then.
Meanwhile it was stated that there were reports of Nissan’s Chennai plant being affected, and the car-maker in an emailed statement said, “Like many organizations around the world some Nissan entities were targeted by the Ransomware attack. Our teams have been responding accordingly and there was no major impact on our business. Normal production operations are underway at our RNAIPL plant in Chennai.”
M. Mukesh Goud all set to quit Congress and joins the ruling TRS Hyderabad sources have stated that though Mukesh Goud served as a minister in the Congress government under Dr YS Rajasekhar Reddy, K. Rosaiah and Kiran Kumar Reddy, he was defeated with a huge margin of over 45,000 votes by BJP's Raja Singh Rathod from Goshamahal Assembly constituency in 2014.
- Telangana keen to have a partnership with Israel in cyber security and world-class robust architecture
- Tamilnadu governor entered Bathroom as a lady panics and runs out
- M.tech, B.Pharm admission opens now in Gitam University
- Special invitation for World Telugu Conference to Tollywood stars
- WATCH VIDEO: World's Longest Noodles is Here !!
- March 31, 2018 is the Last Date for linking Aadhar with schemes
- Fina a Beggar and get Rs.500 as Reward - Telangana people, Hurry!
- Telugu is the Most spoken language in India - It Ranks... 'This' particular spot
- Revanth shouldn't forget that he is now in Congress
- Nara Lokesh's greatest achievement for the state
- WATCH VIDEO : Tamil Nadu Government conducts Belly Dance Program for School Children - Can they go even more worse?
- Former Congress MLA held for helping exchange illegal notes
- Swacch Bharat campaign vigorously going in Hyderabad
- Christmas Dinner organized on December 18
- KCR approved six months maternity leave for female home guards