Chennai sources have made a statement that on Monday, the first weekday after the WannaCry ransomware attack began, several thousand more computers turned out to be affected, particularly in Asia. However, a second wave of the attack that many feared would be carried out with mutated versions of the malware did not happen.
In India, Information Technology Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad said barring “isolated incidents” in Kerala and Andhra Pradesh, there had been no major impact of the attack. Mr. Prasad said the government had issued an advisory in March, and informed administrators about Microsoft’s “software patch” to be used against a possible attack. The existence of the EternalBlue exploit of Windows that the malware uses to spread has been known for some time.
It was stated that the systems run by the National Informatics Centre,
which maintains the government’s online infrastructure, were secure, the
Minister said. A cyber coordination centre to take precautions against such
attacks would start operations by June. A software upgrade of all government
systems will also be in place by then.
Meanwhile it was stated that there were reports of Nissan’s Chennai plant being affected, and the car-maker in an emailed statement said, “Like many organizations around the world some Nissan entities were targeted by the Ransomware attack. Our teams have been responding accordingly and there was no major impact on our business. Normal production operations are underway at our RNAIPL plant in Chennai.”
Telangana government will soon tie-up with consortium of industries to start a rail coach factory Hyderabad sources have stated that the Telangana government will soon tie-up with a consortium of industries for setting up a rail coach factory in the state. Meanwhile, a senior official said after refusing the reveal more details citing non-disclosure agreement
- What happened to VP of India who was admitted in AIIMS Hospital?
- Sri Lankan fishermen rescued by Indian Cargo Vessel Members
- Unlike 'Blue Liquids' shown in sanitary pad commercials, 'Bodyform' shows real menstrual blood in their ads!
- CM Chandrababu Naidu plans to start 500 new IT firms within next 12 months
- TITA members from IT Companies pledged to plant saplings across the GHMC limits
- Can Mohammed Azharuddin win in Telangana Assembly Elections?
- Bigg Boss Oviya extends her support to Kamal Haasan
- Orionoid Meteor Shower - Here's a guide on How and Where to watch it in India this Weekend
- Coastal districts of AP likely to have heavy rainfall in next 24 hours
- What is Revanth Reddy's next move??
- Have you linked your Aadhar card with Bank Account? Else you have to pay Rs.20,000 fine - Oct 31st deadline
- Will Weather play spoil sport in India and New Zealand's first ODI?
- An Andhra Church Pastor lured and sexually assaulted women in his church!
- Chief Minister of Jharkhand riding on a 2-Wheeler without a Helmet - Controversial VIDEO inside
- NTR Atom Bombs will explode next Diwali