Chennai sources have made a statement that on Monday, the first weekday after the WannaCry ransomware attack began, several thousand more computers turned out to be affected, particularly in Asia. However, a second wave of the attack that many feared would be carried out with mutated versions of the malware did not happen.
In India, Information Technology Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad said barring “isolated incidents” in Kerala and Andhra Pradesh, there had been no major impact of the attack. Mr. Prasad said the government had issued an advisory in March, and informed administrators about Microsoft’s “software patch” to be used against a possible attack. The existence of the EternalBlue exploit of Windows that the malware uses to spread has been known for some time.
It was stated that the systems run by the National Informatics Centre,
which maintains the government’s online infrastructure, were secure, the
Minister said. A cyber coordination centre to take precautions against such
attacks would start operations by June. A software upgrade of all government
systems will also be in place by then.
Meanwhile it was stated that there were reports of Nissan’s Chennai plant being affected, and the car-maker in an emailed statement said, “Like many organizations around the world some Nissan entities were targeted by the Ransomware attack. Our teams have been responding accordingly and there was no major impact on our business. Normal production operations are underway at our RNAIPL plant in Chennai.”
Parent company of Google appoints Sundar Pichai to it's Board of Directors San Francisco Sources have stated that Alphabet Inc., the parent company of Google, has appointed India-born Google CEO Sundar Pichai to its board of directors. Meanwhile Alphabet CEO Larry Page said in a statement that, "Sundar has been doing a great job as Google's CEO, driving strong growth, partnerships and tremendous product innovation. I really enjoy working with him and I'm excited that he is joining the Alphabet board".
- C'mon SERIOUSLY... Is this THE FIRST THING you did after swearing in as PRESIDENT OF INDIA ??
- 6 Unknown facts about President Ram Nath Kovind!!!
- Women to interrogate Charmme in Drug Scandal Case
- Patient successfully evacuated at the Mangaluru port using a port craft
- Will Chandrababu Naidu win Nandyal By-election???
- Welcome India's First Citizen at Rashtrapathi Bhavan!
- KCR loves 'Fidaa' due to Sai Pallavi's Telangana smell?
- Kajal Aggarwal says, I know Ronnie, but in a PROFESSIONAL WAY alone!
- Charmi to face SIT inquiry today at her own place of choice!
- Are there any allegations against the Vice Presidential Candidate of NDA alliance???
- Jio Phone has some SERIOUS drawbacks - Check out what are those!
- Now, you can watch YouTube videos through WhatsApp
- Will Kajal Aggarwal manager leak anything about drugs?
- PM Modi burnished India's appeal through policy changes aimed at boosting growth
- GHMC announced Cash Prize for early tax payers