As per report from sources it was stated that to the BJP's invitation "into politics or the party", Superstar Rajinikanth has offered no comment. "Whatever I had to say I said, now I have nothing more to say," was the actor's response when he was asked today about union minister Pon Radhakrishnan saying the BJP "welcomes" him.
Sources have stated that he did not say "no" and there is a scramble to read between the lines. At a meeting with his moviegoers earlier this week, the first in nine years, the mega star seemed to open the door to politics when he said he had no political aspirations and there has been speculation for years on whether the actor will take to active politics and his words set off a huge buzz.
Previously rumors swirled this year that the actor could float a new party
backed by the BJP, which is seeking to deepen its footprint in Tamil Nadu ahead
of the 2019 national election and sees the opportunity to fill the void left by
former chief minister J Jayalalitha amid a bitter power struggle in her party,
the ruling AIADMK, after her death in December last year.
At his meeting with fans earlier on Monday, Rajinikanth had also warned them "not to be disappointed if he doesn’t join politics," describing as a blunder his decision almost 20 years ago to support a DMK led alliance in the Tamil Nadu assembly elections in 1996. He has since Monday met around three thousand fans who have waited in queues for up to three hours for a photograph.
Did TDP bribed Congress for splitting votes in Nandyal?? Nandyal sources have stated that the ruling TDP is hatching a conspiracy to split the votes of those opposing its policies in the ensuing Nandyal by-election, said YSRCP general secretary Bhumana Karunakar Reddy on Monday. Meanwhile, when speaking to media persons here in the town as part of the election
- New Member joins YSRCP party
- 20 Year Old Hyderabad beautician is missing - Eloped?
- J&K students booked for not standing for National Anthem in Hyderabad Theatre
- Hyderabad Police plans to geotag all Ganesh Pandals to prevent untoward incidents
- Heavy rain likely to lash Telugu states
- Virat Kohli irritated with this video !!
- YSRCP President questions about TDP's Poll Promises
- This Indian kid has stunned the British channel
- Another train disaster began due to negligence in UP Train Crash
- Shipa Mohan collapses Jagan plan in Nandyal
- India has become an entertainment piece for Chinese media!!
- Death Penalty sentenced to 10 people who plot to assassinate PM
- AIADMK merged: OPS takes oath as Deputy CM
- Agriculture Leadership award for 2017 bagged by KCR
- Has Rajinikanth given Green signal for joining politics??