As per report from sources it was stated that to the BJP's invitation "into politics or the party", Superstar Rajinikanth has offered no comment. "Whatever I had to say I said, now I have nothing more to say," was the actor's response when he was asked today about union minister Pon Radhakrishnan saying the BJP "welcomes" him.
Sources have stated that he did not say "no" and there is a scramble to read between the lines. At a meeting with his moviegoers earlier this week, the first in nine years, the mega star seemed to open the door to politics when he said he had no political aspirations and there has been speculation for years on whether the actor will take to active politics and his words set off a huge buzz.
Previously rumors swirled this year that the actor could float a new party
backed by the BJP, which is seeking to deepen its footprint in Tamil Nadu ahead
of the 2019 national election and sees the opportunity to fill the void left by
former chief minister J Jayalalitha amid a bitter power struggle in her party,
the ruling AIADMK, after her death in December last year.
At his meeting with fans earlier on Monday, Rajinikanth had also warned them "not to be disappointed if he doesn’t join politics," describing as a blunder his decision almost 20 years ago to support a DMK led alliance in the Tamil Nadu assembly elections in 1996. He has since Monday met around three thousand fans who have waited in queues for up to three hours for a photograph.
Telangana Intermediate public examinations preponed to avoid question paper leakage Hyderabad sources have stated that the Telangana Intermediate public examinations will begin from February 28, 2018 and conclude on March 19, 2018 as per the revised time-table released by the Telangana Board of Intermediate Education (TSBIE). The exams were originally scheduled from March 1, 2018 but were rescheduled to avoid leakage or confusion as the syllabus in optional papers in both Telangana and Andhra Pradesh is same.
- India's second engineering facility set up by Uber
- WhatsApp working on a new feature to allow users to quickly switch from voice to video call
- Call up this number if your seller doesn't accept Rs. 10 Coin
- Is Uma Madhav Reddy joining Congress?
- Arrival of Kia Motors & Toyota Motors the major reason for Honda looking at AP
- Bengaluru will have first Technology Hub
- Is PM Modi falling short in fight against Communalism Pollution according to a survey?
- Proposal for expansion of Delhi Metro up to Kundli in Sonipat district prepared
- MLA Chintamaneni Prabhakar has brought all his cattle to Amaravati for foraging
- Temple for Godse in Madhya Pradesh, India
- Telangana Government signing MoU with Vancouver Film School in Hyderabad
- EC recognizes Nitish Kumar led faction as JD (U) & entitles them to use the arrow symbol
- Trial court held the son-in-law and daughter of VK Sasikala's sister guilty for offences in Assets case
- Yogi Adityanath: 'My government was working towards changing the politics of polarization'
- Bill and Melinda participated in the agriculture hackathon at Vizag