Chennai sources have made a statement that a major relief to commuters across Tamil Nadu, transport unions called off their indefinite strike on Tuesday evening. Workers will resume work from Wednesday, although complete normalcy is expected only from Thursday. Currently the government has assured the 10 striking unions that it would immediately disburse Rs 1,250 crore towards clearing various pending dues, besides settling dues of pensioners by September.
The Centre of Indian Trade Unions leader Soundararajan said that"Of the 1,700 crores due for retired workers the government has agreed to settle 1,250 crore immediately and the rest would be paid in three months. Wage revision talks will begin immediately. The strike period would be treated as leave and there would be no victimization".
Meanwhile the government, transport unions have added that they have also
agreed to improve the financial condition of transport corporations which are
presently under huge losses and the announcement came after the Madras High
Court warned of action under Essential Services Maintenance Act or ESMA if
transport workers did not resume work.
Earlier on Sunday, 1.4 lakh transport workers had announced an indefinite strike after talks with the government had failed. A majority of the 22,000 government buses were off the roads.
BREAKING: Tsunami Warning issued after 7.0 Magnitude Earthqyake strikes Australia - Small Tsunami waves struck already A Powerful earthquake with a magnitude of 7.0 has struck the Pacific Ocean near New Caledonia. This has happened after a series of small magnitude earthquakes. A small Tsunami is already observed and now there has been an Official warning with respect to some major Tsunami waves.
- Why Upasana Kamineni, Nara Brahmani Came Together?
- YS Jagan's 12 Day Tour schedule released
- India's second engineering facility set up by Uber
- WhatsApp working on a new feature to allow users to quickly switch from voice to video call
- Call up this number if your seller doesn't accept Rs. 10 Coin
- Is Uma Madhav Reddy joining Congress?
- Arrival of Kia Motors & Toyota Motors the major reason for Honda looking at AP
- Bengaluru will have first Technology Hub
- Is PM Modi falling short in fight against Communalism Pollution according to a survey?
- Proposal for expansion of Delhi Metro up to Kundli in Sonipat district prepared
- MLA Chintamaneni Prabhakar has brought all his cattle to Amaravati for foraging
- Temple for Godse in Madhya Pradesh, India
- Telangana Government signing MoU with Vancouver Film School in Hyderabad
- EC recognizes Nitish Kumar led faction as JD (U) & entitles them to use the arrow symbol
- Trial court held the son-in-law and daughter of VK Sasikala's sister guilty for offences in Assets case