Chennai sources have made a statement that a major relief to commuters across Tamil Nadu, transport unions called off their indefinite strike on Tuesday evening. Workers will resume work from Wednesday, although complete normalcy is expected only from Thursday. Currently the government has assured the 10 striking unions that it would immediately disburse Rs 1,250 crore towards clearing various pending dues, besides settling dues of pensioners by September.
The Centre of Indian Trade Unions leader Soundararajan said that"Of the 1,700 crores due for retired workers the government has agreed to settle 1,250 crore immediately and the rest would be paid in three months. Wage revision talks will begin immediately. The strike period would be treated as leave and there would be no victimization".
Meanwhile the government, transport unions have added that they have also
agreed to improve the financial condition of transport corporations which are
presently under huge losses and the announcement came after the Madras High
Court warned of action under Essential Services Maintenance Act or ESMA if
transport workers did not resume work.
Earlier on Sunday, 1.4 lakh transport workers had announced an indefinite strike after talks with the government had failed. A majority of the 22,000 government buses were off the roads.
Iftar at Rashtrapati Bhavan; SAFFRON PARTY Central ministers skip The current President Pranab Mukherjee hosted his last Iftar party at Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi, on Friday ahead of the celebration of Ramzan. Despite receiving invites to attend the iftar dinner organized at Rashtrapathi Bhavan, not even one in the BJP-led government at the center attended the dinner iftar party hosted by the President.
- Is his bike rally a blackmail?
- RAJINIKANTH should not ENTER POLITICS his FINANCIAL FRAUD WILL BE LEAKED !!
- Power Star to shock T-Tiger
- Petitioner tells 95.1% of the people possess Aadhaar, enrollment figure stood at 115.15 crore
- Infosys PAYS 65 LAKHS FOR VISA MISUSE CASE!!
- Are they behind Jagan's decisions
- Natasimha creates sensation in Hindupur
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath to get 8 Special Officers On Duty
- SHOCKING: Terror attacks in Mecca was averted
- A Deputy Superintendent of Police was stoned to death by a mob as he protected Umar Farooq
- TS, AP Roundup June 23
- NAIDU SAYS DONT USE MY ROADS AND DONT BUY MY PENSION
- India, World Roundup June 23
- Kovind files nomination papers with Modi
- Indian Army gives shock to Modi