Chennai sources have made a statement that a major relief to commuters across Tamil Nadu, transport unions called off their indefinite strike on Tuesday evening. Workers will resume work from Wednesday, although complete normalcy is expected only from Thursday. Currently the government has assured the 10 striking unions that it would immediately disburse Rs 1,250 crore towards clearing various pending dues, besides settling dues of pensioners by September.
The Centre of Indian Trade Unions leader Soundararajan said that"Of the 1,700 crores due for retired workers the government has agreed to settle 1,250 crore immediately and the rest would be paid in three months. Wage revision talks will begin immediately. The strike period would be treated as leave and there would be no victimization".
Meanwhile the government, transport unions have added that they have also
agreed to improve the financial condition of transport corporations which are
presently under huge losses and the announcement came after the Madras High
Court warned of action under Essential Services Maintenance Act or ESMA if
transport workers did not resume work.
Earlier on Sunday, 1.4 lakh transport workers had announced an indefinite strike after talks with the government had failed. A majority of the 22,000 government buses were off the roads.
Shocking!!Look what Ratan Tata has done!!viral post It is shocking as well as so nice to hear that one of the world's richest man is so so simple in his real life.This post was posted by Summet Nagdev who observed Ratan Tata for just a 50 seconds but learned a very precious lesson from his simplicity.This post is getting viral.Summet Nagadev was waiting at the valet waiting for his car in Taj Mumbai.
- BJP is most needed in TELANGANA!!
- Cows are getting aadhar cards now!!
- Yogi Adityanath now follows the "Jungle Raj"
- Pawan gets seema shock
- Kamal Remarks on Rajani irk his Fans
- AMIT SHAH DENIES MODI POLICY with this statement!!
- Infosys Chairman is so sad for the current scenario!!
- Is Owaisi experiencing scares?
- Amit Shah -Naidu acknowledged to keep the alliance going
- Tamilnadu's Salem district experiences drought, 10 lakh Coconut trees dies
- Man moves HC, Working for Rs.2 per day for 17 years
- Maharaja Express Train comes to Chennai in July; Do you know the special features in the train?
- India, World Roundup May 26
- PM Modi's acts landing him in danger
- Pawan,Mahesh,NTR in real time politics