1. Telangana government on mission to curb illegal business : To control rampant adulteration of food items, fake certificates, online gambling, and spurious seeds, the TRS government will issue an ordinance at the cabinet meeting scheduled for this Saturday.
2. CPP comes to a grinding halt due to activities during Ramzan : The Charminar Pedestrianisation Project has come to a grinding halt on account of the spike in activites due to the month of Ramzan.
3. Workers advised to speak up on sexual harassment : A major issue that female domestic workers face is sexual harassment. "The advice we give to our workers is, they should immediately bring to the notice of the woman of the house any overtures her husband or son could be making," Renuka added, the president of TDWU.
4. Road Transport Authority rakes in Rs 30 lakh for fancy numbers : The state Road Transport Authority (RTA) collected 30.34 lakh from bids for special registration numbers, during an auction conducted on Wednesday.
5. Government will be lenient in initial days of GST roll out: Minister : As the country braces for the transition into the new GST regime, the government will be lenient towards the trading and business community in the initial days to ensure that they settle down and understand the nitty gritty of the new tax order, minister of state for financeArjun Ram Meghwal said.
6. Karwan's `mini Laad bazaar' hotspot for Ramzan shopping : Karwan's oldest Sabzi market has turned into a very famous shopping hub these days. Many families shop here rather going to Charminar for the Ramzan shopping and over the years, the place is being called as the "mini laad bazaar" as it has kids wears to accessories for adults.
7. GST touted to be a 'win win' situation for aam aadmi : While the GST is expected to cause some inconvenience to theaam addmi and a bit of heartburn to many traders and businesses that have been evading or paying less taxes, in the long-term the new tax regime will only prove beneficial for all, said experts.
8. Hyderabad High Court raises questions on road through Maneru : The Hyderabad High Court on Thursday sought a detailed counter from the Telangana government on its reported plan to lay a road right through the full tank level (FTL) of Lower Maneru Dam (LMD) in Karimnagardistrict.
9. Beautician case gets murkier: Sexual assault being probed : With preliminary forensic analysis revealing internal and external injuries on beautician Vijayalakshmi alias Sirisha's body, Banjara Hills police have sent her vaginal swabs and viscera to the forensic lab.
10. Will expose role of opposition in shady deals, says T Harish Rao : Minister T Harish Rao warned both Congress and TDP that it would begin releasing evidence of how leaders of the two parties were involved in shady land deals. "So far as a party we were focused on giving good governance. Now, along with it, we will expose how opposition parties over decades indulged in shady land deals," Rao said.
1. SIT a snake without fangs: Roja : The constitution of a Special Investigation Team (SIT) to look into the land scam in Visakhapatnam was nothing but a waste of time and an attempt to sidetrack the issue, YSR Congress MLA from Nagari R.K. Roja alleged here on Thursday. she said, and added: “SIT is like a snake without fangs, and therefore pointless.”
2. CM to lay stone for irrigation unit, airport on June 21 : Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu will lay the foundation stone for the Jain irrigation unit in Thangadancha of Jupadu Bungalow mandal and a greenfield airport near the Rock Garden in Orvakal, besides making an aerial survey of the ultra mega solar plant spread over Gani and Sakunala villages, during in his whirlwind tour of the district on June 21.
3. Veligonda project set to pick up pace : The Rs. 5,150-crore Veligonda irrigation project, the dream facility of the people of the drought-hit Prakasam district, is all set to pick up pace with the commencement of land survey for the construction of a head regulator at Kollamvagu near Srisailam.
4. Protest over non-exemption to TTD : Rayalaseema Porata Samithi convener P. Naveen Kumar Reddy, who led a batch of local politicians and also some devotees trekking to Tirumala, staged a dharna at Alipiri, here, seeking to know why the government could not exempt the TTD from GST.
5. Naidu takes tough line on land grab issues : Evidently disturbed over land grabbing issues and war of words between two Ministers, the Telugu Desam Party has decided to suspend MLC Deepak Reddy and constitute a three-member committee to look into the reasons for difference of opinion among party leaders in Visakhapatnam and other districts.
6. Prabhu: A.P. will be part of high-speed rail corridor : Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu has said that Andhra Pradesh will be included in the high-speed corridor planned for southern India and Tejas Express would be introduced in the state soon after it is successfully piloted between Mumbai and Goa and Mumbai and Ahmedabad.
7. NDA has no reason to celebrate: Sharmistha : The BJP-led NDA is celebrating completion of three years of its five-year term. But in reality, there is nothing to celebrate, as the GDP growth has slowed down by 2% and the growth projected is skewed, AICC spokesperson Sharmistha Mukherjee has said.
8. Fertilizer distribution through DBT: Somireddy : Agriculture Minister Somireddy Chandramohan Reddy said the State government was able to prevent the misuse of subsidies paid on fertilizers by distributing them through the Aadhar-enabled Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) scheme.
9. Bike rally to mark YHAI 40 years’ celebrations : The Visakhapatnam unit of Youth Hostel Association of India (YHAI) will be organising special programmes on Sunday to celebrate its 40 years of formation in the city.
10. ‘Unified service rules a boon for teachers’ : BJP MLC P.V.N. Madhav on Thursday said a unified teachers’ service notification would be issued soon after obtaining the consent of the President in a week’s time. He said the unified service rules would be a boon to the teaching fraternity of both the Telugu-speaking States as teachers working in aided, municipal, and government schools would come under one category.
Is KCR more powerful than Trump? US President and his White House is regarded as the most powerful with unprecedented security making it near impossible for anyone to enter into it. However it is comingout that Telangana CM KCR's camp office is even more powerful than the White House. The security and the arrangements prevent common people even from having a distant view of the white office. Earlier KCR's camp office cum residence Pragati Bhawan was made according to vaastu and built at a whopping cost of Rs 50crs and spread
- TN Party Opposition Leader walks out from Assembly in Gutkha case
- Oops.. Sensational judgment from SC relaxed Donald Trump!!!
- Are Business people ready to welcome GST?
- POPULAR Hyderabad HOTEL DENIES ROOM FOR SINGLE LADY!!
- MALWARE attacks INDIA'S LARGEST PORT!!
- JALLIKATTU PROTESTER NOW A PREY for TRP
- SAW A PRISIONER BEING DRAGGED HER SAREE AROUND HER NECK!!
- A MAN THRASHED AND SET ON FIRE OVER DEAD COW
- CHINA POWERFUL NAVAL DESTROYER LAUNCHED
- Naidu TURNS DEAF to farmers!!
- Shocking details about Modi's TOUR EXPENSES!!
- Oops..Civils Top Ranker fells in big trouble!!
- Will GST affect Indian economy???
- Rubbish statements by Indian Politicians about Tanmay Bhat look pointless
- Kamal questions will GST affect Kollywood industry?