1. GHMC pulls down 24 tottering buildings : As part of monsoon preparedness, the Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) has directed officials to take up special drives to demolish dilapidated structures in the city. As many as 54 crumbling structures were demolished ahead of the rains.
2. ‘No time for big projects, quick-fix solution to curb flooding in IT hub’ : Residents of Madhapur, Miyapur and Kukatpally in the IT hub of the city are a worried lot, with the Cyberabad traffic police identifying the maximum number of waterlogging points in these areas. Authorities must wake up and implement at least quick fixes now. It is too late to carry out a massive project," said Pranav Duvurri, a resident of KPHB colony
3. Couple who plotted 46kg Hyderabad gold heist held in Mumbai : The city crime branch, in a joint operation with the special task-force of Cyberabad police, arrested the main accused and his wife in one of the biggest heists of the country.
4. Jewels, cash stolen from two houses : Burglars struck two houses on the outskirts of the city and stole property worth Rs 15 lakh since Saturday evening.
5. Government to review laws, crack down on ‘illegal’ surrogacy clinics in Telangana : A day after a surrogacyracket in Banjara Hills, the state health department said it was planning to crack down on surrogacy clinics and centres across Telangana and will have a relook into the Surrogacy Regulation Bill-2016.
6. K Chandrasekhar Rao's TRS announces support to Ram Nath Kovind : Telangana Rastra Samiti (TRS) has announced its support to NDA candidate in the Presidential election. Immediately after the announcement of Ram Nath Kovind as party's nominee by BJP national president Amit Shah, Prime Minister Narendra Modi telephoned Telangana chief minister K Chandrasekhar Rao and sought his party's support to NDA candidate.
7. Girl falls off fifth floor balcony, dies : A BTech graduate named Tripura died after falling off the fifth floor balcony of her building on sunday night. The incident took place at Bhagyanagar of Ongole in Prakasam district, Andhra Pradesh.
8. AP government delaying High court bifurcation : Law minister A Indrakaran Reddyurged the Union minister of state for law and justice PP Chaudhary to take steps to bifurcate HC as early as possible. Indrakaran Reddy met the Union minister who was in the city on Sunday, and gave a representation for HC bifurcation.
9. Muslim clerics seek more zakat for patients & poor : More people during the holy month of Ramzan should give zakat to patients, especially those from the poorer sections of society, Muslims clerics say.
10. Teenager electrocuted while walking dog, pet survives : In a freak mishap, a teenager from the Old City got electrocuted while walking his dog near his house at Hussainialam on Saturday night.
1. Blink, and land is gone in Vizag! :
“Anything can happen in Visakhapatnam. A dead man can come alive and sign on the registration papers. If you are in Vijayawada and you have sites in Visakhapatnam, they will be just gone,” was how BJP’s Visakhapatnam North MLA P. Vishnu Kumar Raju reacted when questioned on the land scandal in the port city.
2. Merge Bhadradri with AP : Mr Veeraiah demanded that the Bhadrachalam division be merged with Andhra Pradesh to create an Adivasi district of Bhadrachalam encompassing the Agency areas as a single unit to safeguard the rights of adivasis enshrined in the Fifth Schedule of the Constitution.
3. CPI plans survey to verify govt. beneficiaries’ list : The East Godavari district unit of the Communist Party of India (CPI) is going to launch a week-long household survey to check the list of beneficiaries of the welfare schemes launched by the State government from June 20.
4. “We will see, if Mudragada apply for police permission”, says DGP : “Mudragada Padmanabham should follow the guidelines of the Supreme Court if he wants to take up any yatra,” said Director-General of Police N. Sambasiva Rao , “So far, we have not received any application seeking permission for the padayatra. If he applies, we will enquire and take a decision. Police will not keep quiet if anybody tries to damage the public property and create violence.”
5. Cong. vows to take up farmers’ cause : APCC president N. Raghuveera Reddy has called upon the party leaders to submit representations to all District Collectors on June 19 seeking urgent measures to rescue the farmers in the State in the hour of crisis.
6. TDP, YSRC gearing up for showdown on June 22 : Close on the heels of YSRC district president G. Amanath announcing that party president Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy would lead a ‘Maha dharna’ in the city on June 22.
7. Naidu shows Kurnool unit chief the door : Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu has finalised the names of district presidents and general secretaries. A few new faces have been given a chance in an attempt to balance various equations and fulfil promises. Silpa Chakrapani Reddy would be continued as Kurnool district president, Mr. Naidu has shown him the door.
8. CRDA to construct visitors’ hall at CM camp office : A large number of people coming to the Chief Minister’s camp office in the city to represent their grievances will have an exclusive hall constructed by the AP-Capital Region Development Authority (AP-CRDA) in the coming months.
9. Signature Tower land for MNCs investing in GIC : The State government is in talks with multinational corporations for allotment of plots at the site proposed for the Signature Tower for setting up of global in-house centres (GIC).
10. VJF Awards presented : State Roads and Buildings Minister Ch. Ayyanna Patrudu’s sense of humour was quite evident on Sunday when he was invited to participate in a function organised by Vizag Journalists’ Forum (VJF) at Dr. YVS Murty Auditorium here on Sunday to felicitate outstanding performers in the field of print and electronic media.
Tribal woman delivered a baby in an auto rickshaw Hyderabad sources have reported that a 20-year-old tribal woman delivered a baby in an auto rickshaw due to floods that left her stranded, obstructing the vehicular traffic on Monday. According to sources, the incident occurred in Charla mandal of Bhadradri Kothagudem district.
- Jagan first EXPERIMENT WITH PRASHANT KISHORE??wil it work??
- Jagan LATEST SPILL AT NANDYAL!!
- AP, Delhi and Goa undergoes Bypolls
- Hyderabad Women appointed as Uber India CPO
- Has YSRCP Chief Jagan walked the Extra Mile for Nandyal bypolls???
- Nandyal Assembly Elections with high Security Blanket
- Complaints fly to Election Commision from TDP and YSRPC!!
- Why assembly by-polls in Andhra's Nandyal is so crucial??
- KTR uploaded some images of his father KCR working in his farmhouse
- Banking services hit in Telangana, AP due to strike
- Will ADMK government last till 2021?
- Private Sector Banks is on strike today
- Congress Leader Vikram Goud Rubbished his involvement in Drug Scandal Case
- Opposition demanded resignation of Kerala Minister KK Shylaja on charges of nepotism
- TDP gets support from 4 of 5 Big Families