Sources from New Delhi have made a statement that Doctors at AIIMS are examining a pair of two year old twins joined at the head, and will assess whether surgery can be performed to separate them. It was stated that the twins Jagannath and Balram from Kandhamal district in Odisha, were taken to AIIMS after they were brought to New Delhi from Bhubaneshwar on Friday afternoon.
According to sources they are accompanied by their parents and Assistant Manager of National Adolescent Health Programme, Soumya Samantray. Meanwhile Dr AK Mahapatra, chief of neuro sciences centre at AIIMS said the twins will undergo a series of tests such as MRI, CT scan, and angiogram, to see to what extent the veins in their brains are fused and whether surgery is feasible.
Dr Mahapatra said "They are craniopagus
twins, that is who are connected at the head. This is a rare condition. It is
very difficult at this stage to say if surgery is feasible to separate them.
They will undergo several tests in the next 10-12 days after which we will decide".
M. Mukesh Goud all set to quit Congress and joins the ruling TRS Hyderabad sources have stated that though Mukesh Goud served as a minister in the Congress government under Dr YS Rajasekhar Reddy, K. Rosaiah and Kiran Kumar Reddy, he was defeated with a huge margin of over 45,000 votes by BJP's Raja Singh Rathod from Goshamahal Assembly constituency in 2014.
- Telangana keen to have a partnership with Israel in cyber security and world-class robust architecture
- Tamilnadu governor entered Bathroom as a lady panics and runs out
- M.tech, B.Pharm admission opens now in Gitam University
- Special invitation for World Telugu Conference to Tollywood stars
- WATCH VIDEO: World's Longest Noodles is Here !!
- March 31, 2018 is the Last Date for linking Aadhar with schemes
- Fina a Beggar and get Rs.500 as Reward - Telangana people, Hurry!
- Telugu is the Most spoken language in India - It Ranks... 'This' particular spot
- Revanth shouldn't forget that he is now in Congress
- Nara Lokesh's greatest achievement for the state
- WATCH VIDEO : Tamil Nadu Government conducts Belly Dance Program for School Children - Can they go even more worse?
- Former Congress MLA held for helping exchange illegal notes
- Swacch Bharat campaign vigorously going in Hyderabad
- Christmas Dinner organized on December 18
- KCR approved six months maternity leave for female home guards