Sources from New Delhi have made a statement that Doctors at AIIMS are examining a pair of two year old twins joined at the head, and will assess whether surgery can be performed to separate them. It was stated that the twins Jagannath and Balram from Kandhamal district in Odisha, were taken to AIIMS after they were brought to New Delhi from Bhubaneshwar on Friday afternoon.
According to sources they are accompanied by their parents and Assistant Manager of National Adolescent Health Programme, Soumya Samantray. Meanwhile Dr AK Mahapatra, chief of neuro sciences centre at AIIMS said the twins will undergo a series of tests such as MRI, CT scan, and angiogram, to see to what extent the veins in their brains are fused and whether surgery is feasible.
Dr Mahapatra said "They are craniopagus
twins, that is who are connected at the head. This is a rare condition. It is
very difficult at this stage to say if surgery is feasible to separate them.
They will undergo several tests in the next 10-12 days after which we will decide".
Doctors vent their rage against 'Mersal' for portraying them in a bad light Vijay's 'Mersal' is just getting criticism from all quarters even after the release of the movie. Director Atlee took a hit against corporate hospitals and doctors and portrayed them in a bad light and most of them are venting their rage against him.
- TDP splits into Anti Revanth and Pro Revanth groups!
- Why is Mr.Chandrababu Naidu still keeping a muted response on Revanth Reddy issue?
- Apple Watch saves a man's life!
- China is Ranking number 1 in smartphone usage - India ranks behind
- TTV Dinakaran's latest interview create ripples
- Bigg Boss Oviya extends her support to Kamal Haasan
- Air Pollution and Sound Pollution raises to a whole new level in Chennai
- US President Trump celebrated Diwali at the White House
- Fire accident at Central Kolkata Office Building - Rescue works too slow?
- Coastal districts of AP likely to have heavy rainfall in next 24 hours
- Revanth Reddy starts to show his muscle
- IT jobs running low in Telangana - A shocking report!
- Most of the Indians have spent their Diwali on the Social Media!
- First Supported Modi for Demonetization - Now, apologizing for supporting!
- A Cold war popping between MP Butta and Jagan Mohan Reddy?