Mumbai sources have stated that NDA's presidential nominee Ram Nath Kovind, who was in Mumbai today to interact with MPs and state legislators, spoke to Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray over phone and thanked him for supporting his candidature. Sources have stated that a visit to Mr. Thackeray's residence 'Matoshree' in suburban Bandra was not in Mr Kovind's itinerary which had raised eyebrows.
However, he made a phone call to Mr Thackeray and thanked him for supporting his candidature for the July 17 presidential election, Shiv Sena sources said and moreover Mr. Kovind held a meeting with elected representatives of the BJP, the Shiv Sena and other NDA allies at the Garware Club in south Mumbai.
Earlier Pranab Mukherjee and Pratibha Patil, as presidential candidates of
the UPA, had visited the then Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray at 'Matoshree' as
the party had broken ranks with the NDA in the past two elections for the
highest constitutional office. Currently Mr. Thackeray had announced his
party's support for Mr Kovind after a meeting of Shiv Sena leaders here last
Why Telangana teachers wore helmet at school?? Hyderabad sources have stated when taking a cue from Bihar staff who wore helmet at their workplace, back home in Medak district teachers on Wednesday wore helmet as a mark of protest. The incident happened at Zilla Parishad High School of Chinna Shankarampet village after a chunk of roof fell on a staff member.According to sources the building is in dilapidated condition and staff's repeated attempts to get it repaired have only fallen on their deaf ears.
- Meira Kumar got the highest votes by a losing candidate
- Details of Netanyahu's meeting accidently leaked because of open mic
- Tamilnadu farmers beat themselves with flip-flops to protest the salary hikes of state legislators
- An Indian produces a fake identity to get US Citizenship
- By March 2018 BSNL to roll out 4G services in AP, Telangana
- What did Modi served for Pranab Mukherjee in his last dinner as a President?
- Former Union Finance Minister's son moves to Madras HC against CBI summon
- Delhi University Students spoilt for choice at Hangouts
- Green body asked DDA to submit an action plan on restoring Yamuna floodplains
- Kerala Writer gets threatening letter to convert to Islam
- Ajith Doval's visit to Beijing will be key to ease tensions between India and China
- Kerala BJP expelled Local Leader in charge of Bribery
- Mukesh Ambani announced Bonus Share issue after 7 years
- Aadhar is safe!!BUT NOT SAFE!!
- Shame!!Duplicate China products in Indian military!!