New Delhi sources have stated that one last opportunity to deposit the 500 and 1,000 rupee notes that were banned in November will defeat the whole point of demonetization as well as the battle against black money, the government told the Supreme Court today.
Sources have stated that earlier this month the top court had asked the centre to consider a final window to benefit those with a genuine reason for not turning in the outlawed notes by the end of last year, the deadline that was set by the RBI after Prime Minister Narendra Modi's shock announcement on demonetization.
It was stated that PM's announcement in November meant that within a few hours, 86% of the cash in circulation was pulled. A shortage of currency forced long lines at banks as people queued up to return old notes or exchange them for the new Rs 500 and Rs 2,000 notes that were introduced with high security features.
Why Telangana teachers wore helmet at school?? Hyderabad sources have stated when taking a cue from Bihar staff who wore helmet at their workplace, back home in Medak district teachers on Wednesday wore helmet as a mark of protest. The incident happened at Zilla Parishad High School of Chinna Shankarampet village after a chunk of roof fell on a staff member.According to sources the building is in dilapidated condition and staff's repeated attempts to get it repaired have only fallen on their deaf ears.
- Meira Kumar got the highest votes by a losing candidate
- Details of Netanyahu's meeting accidently leaked because of open mic
- Tamilnadu farmers beat themselves with flip-flops to protest the salary hikes of state legislators
- An Indian produces a fake identity to get US Citizenship
- By March 2018 BSNL to roll out 4G services in AP, Telangana
- What did Modi served for Pranab Mukherjee in his last dinner as a President?
- Former Union Finance Minister's son moves to Madras HC against CBI summon
- Delhi University Students spoilt for choice at Hangouts
- Green body asked DDA to submit an action plan on restoring Yamuna floodplains
- Kerala Writer gets threatening letter to convert to Islam
- Ajith Doval's visit to Beijing will be key to ease tensions between India and China
- Kerala BJP expelled Local Leader in charge of Bribery
- Mukesh Ambani announced Bonus Share issue after 7 years
- Aadhar is safe!!BUT NOT SAFE!!
- Shame!!Duplicate China products in Indian military!!