Gandhinagar sources have stated that yesterday the voting for the presidential election concluded at the state secretariat on Monday with 180 out of total 182 members of the Gujarat Assembly having exercised their franchise.
Meanwhile BJP president Amit Shah, who represents Naranpura seat of Ahmedabad, cast his vote in Delhi, while the lone JD (U) MLA, Chhotu Vasava, refrained from voting as a mark of protest.Sources have stated that in the 182-member Gujarat Assembly, the ruling BJP has 122 MLAs, while the Congress has 57, the NCP has two and the JD (U) one.
In the Lok Sabha, all 26 MPs from the state belong to the BJP. Out of the total 11 Rajya Sabha members from Gujarat, two belong to the Congress while nine are from the BJP.Meanwhile Gujarat BJP's chief whip Pankaj Desai said Only MLAs cast their votes here while all the MPs exercised their franchise in Delhi and upon the completion of the voting at Swarnim Sankul, Rupani exuded confidence that Kovind will become the next president with a thumping majority.
M. Mukesh Goud all set to quit Congress and joins the ruling TRS Hyderabad sources have stated that though Mukesh Goud served as a minister in the Congress government under Dr YS Rajasekhar Reddy, K. Rosaiah and Kiran Kumar Reddy, he was defeated with a huge margin of over 45,000 votes by BJP's Raja Singh Rathod from Goshamahal Assembly constituency in 2014.
- Telangana keen to have a partnership with Israel in cyber security and world-class robust architecture
- Tamilnadu governor entered Bathroom as a lady panics and runs out
- M.tech, B.Pharm admission opens now in Gitam University
- Special invitation for World Telugu Conference to Tollywood stars
- WATCH VIDEO: World's Longest Noodles is Here !!
- March 31, 2018 is the Last Date for linking Aadhar with schemes
- Fina a Beggar and get Rs.500 as Reward - Telangana people, Hurry!
- Telugu is the Most spoken language in India - It Ranks... 'This' particular spot
- Revanth shouldn't forget that he is now in Congress
- Nara Lokesh's greatest achievement for the state
- WATCH VIDEO : Tamil Nadu Government conducts Belly Dance Program for School Children - Can they go even more worse?
- Former Congress MLA held for helping exchange illegal notes
- Swacch Bharat campaign vigorously going in Hyderabad
- Christmas Dinner organized on December 18
- KCR approved six months maternity leave for female home guards