Sources from Bengaluru have stated that the Congress government in Karnataka has set up a panel that will explore how the state can legally have its own separate flag. Right now Jammu and Kashmir, which has special status under Article 370 of the Constitution, is the only state in the country that is permitted its own flag.
According to sources the move comes ahead of assembly elections in Karnataka next year and amid protests by pro-Kannada activists against what they have called the imposition of Hindi in the state by the BJP ruled Centre. The BJP does not support a separate flag for the state.
Meanwhile it was stated that the five years ago, when the BJP was in power in Karnataka, it had rejected a suggestion that a red and yellow flag used in the state for cultural events be declared the state's official flag and further it was stated that the nine member panel, which will include bureaucrats and academics, will also suggest a design for a state flag.
Garikapati felt it would be fair to invite the CM of other Telugu State Sources have reported that pundit, scholar, linguist Garikapati Narasimha Rao has reasoned why he avoided attending Prapancha Telugu Mahasabha (World Telugu Conference) held in Hyderabad. Garikapati said he has changed his plan in the last minute after reading reports that Andhra Pradesh CM Chandrababu Naidu was not invited for the event.
- Owaisi senior stated Hindus and Muslims are living in religious harmony since Qutub Shahi ages
- Roja's comments on Pawan, Ganesh invited huge flak from Pawan's fans
- Will Soniya Gandhi retire from politics?
- Will Polavaram project get approval from Center?
- YS Jagan demands when the CM will honor his words of shutting down illegal liquor outlets
- M. Mukesh Goud all set to quit Congress and joins the ruling TRS
- Telangana keen to have a partnership with Israel in cyber security and world-class robust architecture
- Tamilnadu governor entered Bathroom as a lady panics and runs out
- M.tech, B.Pharm admission opens now in Gitam University
- Special invitation for World Telugu Conference to Tollywood stars
- WATCH VIDEO: World's Longest Noodles is Here !!
- March 31, 2018 is the Last Date for linking Aadhar with schemes
- Fina a Beggar and get Rs.500 as Reward - Telangana people, Hurry!
- Telugu is the Most spoken language in India - It Ranks... 'This' particular spot
- Revanth shouldn't forget that he is now in Congress