Sources from Bengaluru have stated that the Congress government in Karnataka has set up a panel that will explore how the state can legally have its own separate flag. Right now Jammu and Kashmir, which has special status under Article 370 of the Constitution, is the only state in the country that is permitted its own flag.
According to sources the move comes ahead of assembly elections in Karnataka next year and amid protests by pro-Kannada activists against what they have called the imposition of Hindi in the state by the BJP ruled Centre. The BJP does not support a separate flag for the state.
Meanwhile it was stated that the five years ago, when the BJP was in power in Karnataka, it had rejected a suggestion that a red and yellow flag used in the state for cultural events be declared the state's official flag and further it was stated that the nine member panel, which will include bureaucrats and academics, will also suggest a design for a state flag.
IT jobs running low in Telangana - A shocking report! Hyderabad sources have stated that a recent survey by career assessment company, Aspiring Minds, has revealed that Telangana ranked a lowly ninth in terms of IT job availability and demand. The states ahead of Telangana are Maharashtra, Delhi NCR, Karnataka and Tamilnadu which together make up to about 65% of the total job openings in the IT sector of the country. Compared to that figure, Telangana has 3.47% of total job openings.
- Most of the Indians have spent their Diwali on the Social Media!
- First Supported Modi for Demonetization - Now, apologizing for supporting!
- A Cold war popping between MP Butta and Jagan Mohan Reddy?
- Why Revanth met Rahul Gandhi?? Is he joining Congress??
- In USA, A Man's Life is saved by Apple Watch App Notification
- TDP keeping muted response!
- Rs.20,000 Crores sanctioned to reconstruct Hyderabad Roads
- Revant Reddy Criticizes his own party - But rules out talks about starting a own party!
- Hyderabad to get more number of Malls in India by 2020
- Chiranjeevi to get a major post in Congress party?
- Is Narayana Institutions running without prior permission?
- You can start booking Jio Phones soon after Diwali ends!
- Modi to inaugurate Hyderabad Metro Rail by next month
- Hyderabad Fans gifted to see Sunny Leone Perform Live
- Will PV Sindhu and Kidambi Srikanth carry India's hope in Denmark Open???