New Delhi sources have made a statement that on the 75th anniversary of the Quit India movement, Prime Minister Narendra Modi today asked people to take a pledge to free the country of problems like communalism, casteism and corruption and create a 'new India' by 2022. According to sources he saluted all those who participated in the historic movement in 1942 under the leadership of Mahatma Gandhi and asked people to take inspiration from that.
Meanwhile in a series of tweets, PM Modi noted that the entire nation had come together under the leadership of Mahatma Gandhi with the aim of attaining freedom. Modi wrote "On the 75th anniversary of the historic Quit India movement, we salute all the great women & men who took part in the movement".
Modi added that "In 1942, the need of the hour was to free India from colonialism. Today, 75 years later the issues are different and let us pledge to free India from poverty, dirt, corruption, terrorism, casteism, communalism & create a 'New India' of our dreams by 2022". Further by giving the slogan of 'sankalp se siddhi' (pledge to achieve), he urged people to work shoulder to shoulder "to create the India that our freedom fighters would be proud of".
Koppolu Satyanarayana ended his life by hanging himself Sources have stated that senior BJP leader from Chirala in Prakasam district Koppolu Satyanarayana ended his life by hanging from the ceiling of his house. The incident, which occurred in Sampathnagar under Kothapeta panchayat of Vetapalem mandal, has sent shockwaves among the party workers, friends and relatives.
- TDP along with Jai Lava Kusa attacked by TV Channel
- YS Kutumbam Program reviewed by YS Jagan with his teammates
- US Defense Secretary meets PM Narendra Modi by next week
- Bollywood producer Karim Morani surrenders in Actress Rape Case
- BJP Woman Leader slaps Hindu girl for having affair with Muslim youth
- Do Yogi Adityanath should face mini referendum ahead of 2019 Parliamentary by poll??
- Raids by IT Department on properties of Former Karnataka CMs son in law
- Why CM Chandrababu Naidu's choice of Rajamouli is perfect??
- After CM Naidu next is PM Modi is assigning task for SS Rajamouli
- FaceBook launched offline campaign for identifying 'False News' in its platform
- Blue Whale attacker seeks help in Exam Answer sheet
- SC not a mute spectator in Sadavarthi Satram lands issue
- PM Modi expected to talk about GST, Demonetization at BJP National Executive
- Can you fly without boarding pass in Airport?
- Baahubali Maker clarifies about designing APs new Assembly