Lucknow sources have reported that the Uttar Pradesh government will not charge the Goods and Services Tax or GST on tickets of films of which more than 50% part has been shot in the state. Sources have stated that the decision was taken in a Cabinet meeting presided over by the Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath in Lucknow.
The minister and spokesman of the government Shrikant Sharma told reporters that the GST will not be charged from the viewers of the films which give a message to society and more than 50 per cent part of which has been shot in the state and the state government will bear it on its own.
The spokesman said besides, films made with the help of the central and state governments, and National Films Division, among some other categories will also come under this category, and moreover in another major decision, the Cabinet approved the proposal of making written examination the only criterion for recruitment of police constables in the Uttar Pradesh police force. He further added that "Male candidates in the age group of 18 to 22 and female in the age group of 18 to 25 will be eligible for applying
WATCH VIDEO : Tamil Nadu Government conducts Belly Dance Program for School Children - Can they go even more worse? The Tamilnadu government made a shocking move, as they conducted a Belly dance program as a part of a government-organized fair. In January 2018, a fair was conducted in Namakkal for school children, when O.Panneerselvam was the chief minister.
- Former Congress MLA held for helping exchange illegal notes
- Swacch Bharat campaign vigorously going in Hyderabad
- Christmas Dinner organized on December 18
- KCR approved six months maternity leave for female home guards
- Vijay Mallya gets yet another blow in London!
- J&K school gives worst wedding gift to the 'Teacher couple'
- Arun Jaitley urges people to cast their right franchise
- For 2019 General Election every critic, filmmaker, politician preparing their weapons
- Why Revanth not booked any room at Gandhi Bhavan?
- Another major setback to Telangana TDP that is already ailing in the region
- Media houses changed big time with each journalist taking sides of few actors
- To gain TDP's support in both Lower House and Upper House, Modi settling issues with Naidu
- How could Modi meet Manmohan Singh even after accusing him?
- Do you know the Most Searched Word in 2017? Mariam Webster Dictionary reveals
- People don't care about Rajinikanth entering Politics - A Shocking Survey Report !!