New Delhi sources have made a statement that M. Venkaiah Naidu on Friday took oath as India's new Vice President. Nominated by the ruling BJP led National Democratic Alliance, he won the vice presidential poll on August 5.
According to sources the swearing-in ceremony was held in the Durbar Hall of Rashtrapati Bhawan in New Delhi. Dressed in spotless white shirt, while gold-embroidered uttareeyam and quintessentially Telugu panche, Venkaiah Naidu took the oath. Earlier Naidu, 68, paid floral tribute to Mahatma Gandhi at the Rajghat.
Sources have stated that Venkaiah Naidu also paid tributes to Jan Sangh leader Deendayal Upadhyaya, besides Sardar Vallabhai Patel and Babasaheb B.R. Ambedkar. Meanwhile Prime Minister Narendra Modi and several ministers greeted him on the occasion.
Deepika Padukone's movie postponed as Karni Sena says they would cut her nose! The 'Padmavati' controversy is just going out of proportion. Karni Sena Chief already told there would be a Nation Wide Strike on 1st of December. We already reported about news earlier. Now, another member of the party has said the Party's chief has said correctly about Deepika Padukone as she has portrayed a role of demeaning Rajput Women.
- Telangana Intermediate public examinations preponed to avoid question paper leakage
- India's second engineering facility set up by Uber
- WhatsApp working on a new feature to allow users to quickly switch from voice to video call
- Call up this number if your seller doesn't accept Rs. 10 Coin
- Is Uma Madhav Reddy joining Congress?
- Arrival of Kia Motors & Toyota Motors the major reason for Honda looking at AP
- Bengaluru will have first Technology Hub
- Is PM Modi falling short in fight against Communalism Pollution according to a survey?
- Proposal for expansion of Delhi Metro up to Kundli in Sonipat district prepared
- MLA Chintamaneni Prabhakar has brought all his cattle to Amaravati for foraging
- Temple for Godse in Madhya Pradesh, India
- Telangana Government signing MoU with Vancouver Film School in Hyderabad
- EC recognizes Nitish Kumar led faction as JD (U) & entitles them to use the arrow symbol
- Trial court held the son-in-law and daughter of VK Sasikala's sister guilty for offences in Assets case
- Yogi Adityanath: 'My government was working towards changing the politics of polarization'