Chennai sources have stated that it has been in the works for months but the two factions of Tamilnadu's ruling AIADMK have agreed in principle to merge and an announcement may come as early as next week, sources said today. The AIADMK split earlier this year after a power struggle weeks after the death of J Jayalalitha, former Chief Minister, and the party's powerful leader. Her companion VK Sasikala, who replaced her as party chief and tried to become chief minister, may be jettisoned to facilitate the reunion.
Meanwhile, EPS faction said today, underscoring the complete sidelining of the once powerful Ms. Sasikala and her nephew that the merger talks were fast-tracked when Mr. Dhinakaran tried to assert his position by naming his loyalists as party office-bearers recently. These appointments were "only to cause confusion in the party ranks.
Currently, talk of the central government brokering a reunion has swirled around the merger talks. Sources have stated that a united AIADMK stronger against its rival DMK is desirable for a BJP to keen on expanding its base in the south. Both EPS and OPS have been in touch with central leaders. Now, all eyes are on TTV Dinakaran who has been left at stake! What is going to be his next move?
Modi would not allow himself to get swayed by petty politics- Farooq Abdulla Jammu sources have reported that after advising the BJP-RSS to refrain from "generating passions and exploiting public sentiments", National Conference (NC) Chief Farooq Abdullah said the growing trend of dividing the nation on religious lines was detrimental to national interest and such a tendency should be eschewed at all costs.
- Will Trump's history of sexual misconduct is investigated?
- No more CONDOM Ads on Television in Prime Time as Kids watch erotic content and get spoiled !!!
- Demonetization Kills a family in Chennai
- Only Hindi can Unite India together says HR Minister
- Planet Earth to be attacked by mystery meteorite??
- TDP government lethargic in fulfilling electoral promise made to the minority community-YS Jagan
- Adilabad Region experiencing very chill climate
- 3 People responsible for my suicide - Comedian dies with a last message!!
- Facebook and Twitter have to adopt websites for young users
- TDP leaders defending their leader's decision to take 'valuable' inputs from Rajamouli & his team
- Film stars & directors getting hands-on for this documentary on Telangana culture
- Madras HC bans public events to be held in educational institutions
- Congress Party's anger against BJP been overestimated
- Modi just praises himself a lot - Rahul takes a dig at the self centric attitude of prime minister Modi!!
- A 16-Year-Old Cancer survivor gangraped in UP, and again raped by passerby who was called for help!!