Chennai sources have stated that it has been in the works for months but the two factions of Tamilnadu's ruling AIADMK have agreed in principle to merge and an announcement may come as early as next week, sources said today. The AIADMK split earlier this year after a power struggle weeks after the death of J Jayalalitha, former Chief Minister, and the party's powerful leader. Her companion VK Sasikala, who replaced her as party chief and tried to become chief minister, may be jettisoned to facilitate the reunion.
Meanwhile, EPS faction said today, underscoring the complete sidelining of the once powerful Ms. Sasikala and her nephew that the merger talks were fast-tracked when Mr. Dhinakaran tried to assert his position by naming his loyalists as party office-bearers recently. These appointments were "only to cause confusion in the party ranks.
Currently, talk of the central government brokering a reunion has swirled around the merger talks. Sources have stated that a united AIADMK stronger against its rival DMK is desirable for a BJP to keen on expanding its base in the south. Both EPS and OPS have been in touch with central leaders. Now, all eyes are on TTV Dinakaran who has been left at stake! What is going to be his next move?
BS Yeddyurappa been named in two FIRs regarding a land de-notification issue Bengaluru sources have stated that BJP leaders in Karnataka met Governor Vajubhai Vala on Monday to submit a memorandum against the charges filed by the Anti-Corruption Bureau against former chief minister B S Yeddyurappa.
- Complaints fly to Election Commision from TDP and YSRPC!!
- Voting in Nandyal rally remarks Provocative, Goa CM confident at winning Panaji bypolls
- 19 AIADMK Legislators met State Governor
- Jagan first EXPERIMENT WITH PRASHANT KISHORE??wil it work??
- Is Ramakrishna support is for YSR Congress Party in Nandyal by-election??
- Nandyal records its all time high vote rate!!
- KCR has yet again proved his public speaking skill
- Will Naidu put these into Modi EARS!!
- Why McDonald's shuts down 169 outlets in North and East India?
- Atlast the Nandyal battle is over!!Polling is over !!
- To promote peace, A Punjabi named his 2 sons as Bharat and Pakistan
- Why Chiranjeevi as a Politician surprised many on his birthday???
- Attention of people diverted towards other new sensational news
- Nandyal will be the beginning of the end for TDP
- Ex- MLA booked for thrashing Businessman