Thiruvananthapuram sources have stated that the Kerala government would formulate a common stand on granting menstrual leave to its women employees after considering various aspects of the issue, Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan told the state assembly yesterday.
Meanwhile when replying to a calling attention by K S Sabarinathan (Congress) seeking grant of period leave, Mr. Vijayan said there was a section of people in the society who still consider women as "impure" during the time of period. Pinarayi said "Women are suffering various physical difficulties during the time of menstruation. Currently debates on period leave are coming up. Serious debates should happen on the matter considering menstruation as a biological process".
Furthermore K S Sabarinathan said countries like Japan, Taiwan, Indonesia and some provinces of China were already giving period leave to women employees. The legislator added that the debate over this should be seen as a positive one to evolve an effective women workforce rather than an anti-woman move.
Koppolu Satyanarayana ended his life by hanging himself Sources have stated that senior BJP leader from Chirala in Prakasam district Koppolu Satyanarayana ended his life by hanging from the ceiling of his house. The incident, which occurred in Sampathnagar under Kothapeta panchayat of Vetapalem mandal, has sent shockwaves among the party workers, friends and relatives.
- TDP along with Jai Lava Kusa attacked by TV Channel
- YS Kutumbam Program reviewed by YS Jagan with his teammates
- US Defense Secretary meets PM Narendra Modi by next week
- Bollywood producer Karim Morani surrenders in Actress Rape Case
- BJP Woman Leader slaps Hindu girl for having affair with Muslim youth
- Do Yogi Adityanath should face mini referendum ahead of 2019 Parliamentary by poll??
- Raids by IT Department on properties of Former Karnataka CMs son in law
- Why CM Chandrababu Naidu's choice of Rajamouli is perfect??
- After CM Naidu next is PM Modi is assigning task for SS Rajamouli
- FaceBook launched offline campaign for identifying 'False News' in its platform
- Blue Whale attacker seeks help in Exam Answer sheet
- SC not a mute spectator in Sadavarthi Satram lands issue
- PM Modi expected to talk about GST, Demonetization at BJP National Executive
- Can you fly without boarding pass in Airport?
- Baahubali Maker clarifies about designing APs new Assembly