Thiruvananthapuram sources have stated that the Kerala government would formulate a common stand on granting menstrual leave to its women employees after considering various aspects of the issue, Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan told the state assembly yesterday.
Meanwhile when replying to a calling attention by K S Sabarinathan (Congress) seeking grant of period leave, Mr. Vijayan said there was a section of people in the society who still consider women as "impure" during the time of period. Pinarayi said "Women are suffering various physical difficulties during the time of menstruation. Currently debates on period leave are coming up. Serious debates should happen on the matter considering menstruation as a biological process".
Furthermore K S Sabarinathan said countries like Japan, Taiwan, Indonesia and some provinces of China were already giving period leave to women employees. The legislator added that the debate over this should be seen as a positive one to evolve an effective women workforce rather than an anti-woman move.
Deepika Padukone's movie postponed as Karni Sena says they would cut her nose! The 'Padmavati' controversy is just going out of proportion. Karni Sena Chief already told there would be a Nation Wide Strike on 1st of December. We already reported about news earlier. Now, another member of the party has said the Party's chief has said correctly about Deepika Padukone as she has portrayed a role of demeaning Rajput Women.
- Telangana Intermediate public examinations preponed to avoid question paper leakage
- India's second engineering facility set up by Uber
- WhatsApp working on a new feature to allow users to quickly switch from voice to video call
- Call up this number if your seller doesn't accept Rs. 10 Coin
- Is Uma Madhav Reddy joining Congress?
- Arrival of Kia Motors & Toyota Motors the major reason for Honda looking at AP
- Bengaluru will have first Technology Hub
- Is PM Modi falling short in fight against Communalism Pollution according to a survey?
- Proposal for expansion of Delhi Metro up to Kundli in Sonipat district prepared
- MLA Chintamaneni Prabhakar has brought all his cattle to Amaravati for foraging
- Temple for Godse in Madhya Pradesh, India
- Telangana Government signing MoU with Vancouver Film School in Hyderabad
- EC recognizes Nitish Kumar led faction as JD (U) & entitles them to use the arrow symbol
- Trial court held the son-in-law and daughter of VK Sasikala's sister guilty for offences in Assets case
- Yogi Adityanath: 'My government was working towards changing the politics of polarization'