Bengaluru sources have reported that senior journalist Gauri Lankesh was killed at her residence in Bengaluru on September 5 late night. Meanwhile according to reports, Gauri was followed by people in a car after she left her office in Basavanagudi at 7.30 pm. When she was entering her house, three to four people attacked her with guns. Three bullets hit her on the neck and chest. She collapsed on the floor and breathed her last.
According to sources Gauri Lankesh was the editor of weekly Kannada tabloid magazine Lankesh Patrike, columnist in newspapers, and a panelist on TV channels besides being an activist. Gauri was the elder daughter of P Lankesh, a man who brought in a new brand of Kannada journalism.
Meanwhile Gauri had ideological differences with right wing brigade and was considered as Leftist. Last year, she was convicted in a defamation case filed by MP Prahlad Joshi, who had objected to a report against BJP leaders. Moreover Chief Minister of Karnataka, Kerala, West Bengal and several former Union Ministers and several senior politicians has condemned the killing of Gauri Lankesh.
Chief Minister of Jharkhand riding on a 2-Wheeler without a Helmet - Controversial VIDEO inside Jharkhand sources have stated that Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das has invited opposition flak for driving a scooter without a helmet on Diwali and also traveling minus security cover. Earlier Das celebrated Diwali at his home in Jamshedpur, which is also his assembly constituency
- NTR Atom Bombs will explode next Diwali
- A Mild Earthquake hits Hyderabad!
- KCR's Master Plan - Avoid BJP totally and split the rival groups!
- Orionoid Meteor Shower - Here's a guide on How and Where to watch it in India this Weekend
- Did Revanth Reddy touched CM KCRs feet??
- Why CM Chandrababu Naidu didn't celebrate Diwali??
- Mohammed Azharuddin to contest in Telangana Assembly Elections!
- Doctors vent their rage against 'Mersal' for portraying them in a bad light
- TDP splits into Anti Revanth and Pro Revanth groups!
- Why is Mr.Chandrababu Naidu still keeping a muted response on Revanth Reddy issue?
- Apple Watch saves a man's life!
- China is Ranking number 1 in smartphone usage - India ranks behind
- TTV Dinakaran's latest interview create ripples
- Bigg Boss Oviya extends her support to Kamal Haasan
- Air Pollution and Sound Pollution raises to a whole new level in Chennai