Ruling that it is pointless "continue a purposeless marriage and to prolong the agony and stress of the parties", the Supreme Court today made a big verdict to change the rules for Hindu couples looking to divorce.
The top court said, it is totally upto individual judges to decide on the mandatory six-month wait .The waiver decision is in the judge’s hand and can be waived for couples who agree that they want out.
Currently, the law under the Hindu Marriage Act, after a couple(together) files for divorce with mutual consent from both, it has to wait for solid 18 months to actually get the divorce.In the 18 months: 12 months of separation have to be established, followed by a grace six-month "cooling off" period that is actually intended to allow for reconciliation.
The SC also said six-month waiver is applicable where the couple has settled differences including all from alimony and child custody.
#TwoLeavesSymbol - Election Commission acts as BJP's puppet - TTV Dinakaran lashes out TTV Dinakaran who received a major jolt as Election Commission granted Two leaves Symbol to EPS and OPS has said that Election Commission acts as BJP's puppet. He further added that he will file a case in Supreme Court.
- Tamil Nadu heading towards President Rule
- A Thief who went to rob a home, ate well and fell asleep - Cops woke him up and arrested
- A Girl Student committed suicide at Sathyabama University - Students vandalized campus - Who is to be blamed?
- YSRCP Party gets new MLA by name Dommeti Venkateswarlu
- AP Assembly leaves 3 day vacation for MLAs
- Innovative Machines to be installed in Hyderabad Airport
- Apple supplier Foxconn employed thousands of students to assemble iPhone X who are being forced to work overtime
- CBSE and ICSE schools in Telangana to teach Telugu as mandatory language subject from the next academic year
- Hyderabadis will face lot of Traffic nightmares & Diversions
- Gujarat Chief Minister confirms that Deepika Padukone's 'Padmavati' will not release in their state
- Do you know? How Much money was collected through GST for the months of August, Sep and October?
- Nara Lokesh should know when to keep calm - Nandi Awards controversy erupts
- Bhavana Rape Case: Dileep's ex-wife is the Key witness in SIT Chargesheet
- Android phones collecting addresses of nearby mobile towers when location services are disabled
- India test fires #BrahMos missile successfully - Video Inside