New Delhi sources have stated that Petrol and diesel prices have gone through the roof ever since the central government announced daily revision of fuel prices. Petrol price in Delhi was at Rs70.38 per liter, whereas in Hyderabad it is Rs74.50 and in Mumbai a liter of petrol costs Rs79.48.
According to sources the excise duty on petrol was hiked by Rs 11.77 per liter and that on diesel by 13.47 a liter ever since Prime Minister Narendra Modi-led BJP government came to power in 2014. Earlier the government had in November 2015 and January 2016 raised excise duty on petrol and diesel five times to take away gains arising from plummeting international oil prices. Excise duty on petrol was hiked by Rs4.02 a liter and that on diesel by Rs6.97.
Moreover the four excise duty hikes during this
period totaled Rs7.75 per liter on petrol and Rs6.50 a liter on diesel and it
led to about Rs20,000 crore in additional revenue to the government, helping it
meet the fiscal deficit target. Furthermore the petroleum products still
attract state and central levies such as excise duty and VAT(Value added tax)
as the government has excluded petrol and diesel from the ambit of GST (Goods
and Service Tax).
YSRCP Proved Right In The Sale Of Sadavarthi Lands According to sources the controversial Sadavarthi Lands were sold for Rs 60.30 crore, a sum much higher than the paltry Rs 22 crore that Andhra Pradesh chief minister N Chandrababu tried to sell to his henchmen. Meanwhiole during an auction, 83.11 acres of Sadavathi lands were bought by YSR Kadapa resident Satyanarayana Reddy.
- Why YSRCP Leader urges CM ChandrababuNaidu to resign?
- State government in association with Light Craft Foundation is conducting photography Festival
- Educational Institutions in Kerala shut amid continuous rain
- Differences Between Modi and Pawan Kalyan?
- What did Bill Gates contributed to AP?
- This Congress Leader triggered twitter battle with BJP
- Hyderabad husband killed wife for not getting MBBS seat
- Will 180 Kashmiri migrant teachers issue sought by UPSC?
- Homeopathy Women Doctor arrested for filing fake dowry case
- PM Modi omitted Pawan from the list
- NGO from Andhra Pradesh sends 68 paise cheque to PM Narendra Modi to highlight the plight of farmers
- SS. Rajamouli appreciated by Venkaiah Naidu, Chief Minister KCR
- Telangana Women burnt Cheap Quality Bathukamma Sarees on roads
- Drinking in Public places at Goa banned by State Government
- Questions on TSPSC becomes a topic in Social Media