Lucknow sources have stated that the Yogi Adityanath government plans to install a 100 metre statue of Lord Rama on banks of the River Saryu and organize a grand Diwali this time in Ayodhya by illuminating the town and lighting 1.71 lakh earthen diyas. Sources have stated that the statue will be installed only after clearance from the National Green Tribunal.
Meanwhile the Principal Secretary Tourism Awanish Awasthi said a series of programs have been scheduled for October 18 to celebrate Diwali in the town. A "deepotsav" will be organised on 'Ram Ki Paidi' where 1.71 lakh earthen lamps will be lit, he said while giving a presentation to Governor Ram Naik. Meanwhile prominent building and ghats will also be illuminated to attract tourists.
Furthermore the objective of the entire program will be to promote
Ayodhya, the birth place of Lord Rama, as a tourist destination. The
Officer said "A heritage walk, a yatra reminiscing return of Lord Rama to
Ayodhya, and launch of several schemes by chief minister and other dignitaries
will be part of the program. Meanwhile the budget presented by the Yogi government,
which came to power in March, had special mention of Ayodhya, Varanasi and
Mathura, earmarking Rs 1,240 crore for the Ramayan, Buddhist and Krishna
circuits in these cities.
WATCH VIDEO : Tamil Nadu Government conducts Belly Dance Program for School Children - Can they go even more worse? The Tamilnadu government made a shocking move, as they conducted a Belly dance program as a part of a government-organized fair. In January 2018, a fair was conducted in Namakkal for school children, when O.Panneerselvam was the chief minister.
- Former Congress MLA held for helping exchange illegal notes
- Swacch Bharat campaign vigorously going in Hyderabad
- Christmas Dinner organized on December 18
- KCR approved six months maternity leave for female home guards
- Vijay Mallya gets yet another blow in London!
- J&K school gives worst wedding gift to the 'Teacher couple'
- Arun Jaitley urges people to cast their right franchise
- For 2019 General Election every critic, filmmaker, politician preparing their weapons
- Why Revanth not booked any room at Gandhi Bhavan?
- Another major setback to Telangana TDP that is already ailing in the region
- Media houses changed big time with each journalist taking sides of few actors
- To gain TDP's support in both Lower House and Upper House, Modi settling issues with Naidu
- How could Modi meet Manmohan Singh even after accusing him?
- Do you know the Most Searched Word in 2017? Mariam Webster Dictionary reveals
- People don't care about Rajinikanth entering Politics - A Shocking Survey Report !!