Heavy rains continue to attack Chennai as a persistent drizzle accompanied by intermittent heavy downpour is quite consistent for past 24 hours. Schools and Colleges have been shut down since yesterday and already most of the areas can be seen flooding.
However, Tamil Nadu Minister Velumani compares Chennai with the United States of America, London, Bengaluru and said, there are no waterlogging anywhere! He even had a war of words with the media person during Q&A session.
In this case, the Weather forecast department had confirmed that the rains are going to get worse and intensified and all are warned to stay indoors with necessary food materials. This heavy rainfall will continue until November 3rd or 4th. There has been a traffic jam in most parts due to this rainfall.
At the same time, many areas are already facing problems due to waterlogging as they are dug up and left unclosed. In this case, Tamil Nadu Minister's comments have got negative criticism from all quarters.
India's second engineering facility set up by Uber According to sources the cab aggregate Uber has set up a new engineering facility in Hyderabad's Kondapur area. This is its second engineering facility in the country. According to sources the kondapur facility is spread in 18000 sq feet. Hyderabad facility is the company's largest centre outside its headquarters in San Francisco
- WhatsApp working on a new feature to allow users to quickly switch from voice to video call
- Call up this number if your seller doesn't accept Rs. 10 Coin
- Is Uma Madhav Reddy joining Congress?
- Arrival of Kia Motors & Toyota Motors the major reason for Honda looking at AP
- Bengaluru will have first Technology Hub
- Is PM Modi falling short in fight against Communalism Pollution according to a survey?
- Proposal for expansion of Delhi Metro up to Kundli in Sonipat district prepared
- MLA Chintamaneni Prabhakar has brought all his cattle to Amaravati for foraging
- Temple for Godse in Madhya Pradesh, India
- Telangana Government signing MoU with Vancouver Film School in Hyderabad
- EC recognizes Nitish Kumar led faction as JD (U) & entitles them to use the arrow symbol
- Trial court held the son-in-law and daughter of VK Sasikala's sister guilty for offences in Assets case
- Yogi Adityanath: 'My government was working towards changing the politics of polarization'
- Bill and Melinda participated in the agriculture hackathon at Vizag
- Kamal Haasan gives back all the donations he received from fans - Says fans provided Rs.30 Crores