According to sources from Chennai several coastal pockets of Chennai had witnessed water logging on Thursday after rains lashed the city for close to six hours following a low pressure over the Bay of Bengal near Sri Lanka. Power cuts were reported in many parts of the city. Meanwhile the National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA), last night, tweeted precautions and advisories for people during heavy rain.
Meanwhile the commuters were stranded on the roads due to slow moving traffic on Thursday evening. In the IT Corridor in south Chennai, many auto rickshaws were seen broken down as the water level had risen well above their wheels. Moreover flight operations at the Chennai airport have not been affected, according to airport authorities. Buses in the city largely stayed off the roads.
Further Chief Minister E Palaniswami's government said it has kept 115
multi-purpose shelters ready in the coastal districts. Local ministers and
three senior bureaucrats have been designated for each district to co-ordinate
rescue and expedite relief. In Chennai, two ministers have been designated for
each zone to expedite relief.
Chandrababu Naidu is one leader who is completely morally bankrupt Andhra Pradesh sources have stated that Revanth Reddy, it appears, is turning out to be following in the footsteps of his guru. The Kodangal MLA, who resigned from the president ship of the Telugu Desam Working Committee, was applauded for quitting the assembly as well. But it now appears that one has to save one's praise and appreciation of his actions for another day, because Revanth Reddy has not submitted his resignation officially vacating his Kodangal seat, as yet.
- Why TDP MLA MLA Vallabhaneni Vamsi gives resignation?
- #TwoLeavesSymbol - Election Commission acts as BJP's puppet - TTV Dinakaran lashes out
- Tamil Nadu heading towards President Rule
- A Thief who went to rob a home, ate well and fell asleep - Cops woke him up and arrested
- A Girl Student committed suicide at Sathyabama University - Students vandalized campus - Who is to be blamed?
- YSRCP Party gets new MLA by name Dommeti Venkateswarlu
- AP Assembly leaves 3 day vacation for MLAs
- Innovative Machines to be installed in Hyderabad Airport
- Apple supplier Foxconn employed thousands of students to assemble iPhone X who are being forced to work overtime
- CBSE and ICSE schools in Telangana to teach Telugu as mandatory language subject from the next academic year
- Hyderabadis will face lot of Traffic nightmares & Diversions
- Gujarat Chief Minister confirms that Deepika Padukone's 'Padmavati' will not release in their state
- Do you know? How Much money was collected through GST for the months of August, Sep and October?
- Nara Lokesh should know when to keep calm - Nandi Awards controversy erupts
- Bhavana Rape Case: Dileep's ex-wife is the Key witness in SIT Chargesheet