Hyderabad sources have stated that Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao the government has fixed a target of increasing the installed generation capacity to 28,000 MW with an investment of Rs 94,000 crore. Meanwhile he told the state assembly that when Telangana was created the installed capacity was 6,574 MW, a deficit of 2,700 MW. He claimed that during last three and half years additional 7,981 MW capacity was commissioned.
Meanwhile he recalled that when the state was formed there was severe crisis in power sector with two to nine hour power cuts for domestic sector every day and two day power holidays in a week for industries and also announced that Telangana has created new record in the country by supplying quality power free of cost for 24 hours to the agricultural sector.
Further KCR, as Rao is popularly known, said that
with the 24 hour supply to agriculture sector, the total power demand will
increase to 11,000 MW and power utilities were ready to meet this demand and
said the new lift irrigation projects also require 8,500 MW of power. The new
power plants will meet the demand for lift irrigation projects and new
industries being established in the state.
India's second engineering facility set up by Uber According to sources the cab aggregate Uber has set up a new engineering facility in Hyderabad's Kondapur area. This is its second engineering facility in the country. According to sources the kondapur facility is spread in 18000 sq feet. Hyderabad facility is the company's largest centre outside its headquarters in San Francisco
- WhatsApp working on a new feature to allow users to quickly switch from voice to video call
- Call up this number if your seller doesn't accept Rs. 10 Coin
- Is Uma Madhav Reddy joining Congress?
- Arrival of Kia Motors & Toyota Motors the major reason for Honda looking at AP
- Bengaluru will have first Technology Hub
- Is PM Modi falling short in fight against Communalism Pollution according to a survey?
- Proposal for expansion of Delhi Metro up to Kundli in Sonipat district prepared
- MLA Chintamaneni Prabhakar has brought all his cattle to Amaravati for foraging
- Temple for Godse in Madhya Pradesh, India
- Telangana Government signing MoU with Vancouver Film School in Hyderabad
- EC recognizes Nitish Kumar led faction as JD (U) & entitles them to use the arrow symbol
- Trial court held the son-in-law and daughter of VK Sasikala's sister guilty for offences in Assets case
- Yogi Adityanath: 'My government was working towards changing the politics of polarization'
- Bill and Melinda participated in the agriculture hackathon at Vizag
- Kamal Haasan gives back all the donations he received from fans - Says fans provided Rs.30 Crores