Ganesha was very happy. His devotees had given him plenty of sweets and he had taken as many as he could and stuffed himself with quiet a lot sweets as he was walking home. Naturally Ganesha was traveling on his vehicle the mouse, and the two of them scurried along, back home.
Ganesha did not even have time to soothe his pet, as he fell down hard on the ground, and the sweets which he was carrying split and scattered all over the ground. But Ganesha had a bigger problem. As Ganesha had fallen, his stomach was pierced.
Ganesha pulled the snake with one hand and tied it as a belt around his stomach to prevent any further damage. However Ganesha’s misadventure was something which was not completely unobserved. The moon God Chandra Deva saw this and unable to stop him, laughed. Angrily, Ganesha pulled his tusk and threw it at the Moon God, breaking the moon into many pieces.
Chandra Deva was shocked but Ganesha was not yet done. “You will always be dark!” Young Ganesha cursed the Moon God. Finally with the intervention of Lord Shiva, Ganesha agreed to modify the curse and so came the fifteen days of growing moon and the fifteen days of the waning moon and as Ganesha plucked his tusk and threw it at the Moon.
Among all 12 Months, God resides in the month of Margazhi According to message from sources Margazhi month is considered auspicious because in Bhagavat Gita, Lord Krishna says that he will be as the ‘Margazhi’ in that month. Among the 12 Tamil months, God resides in this month and so Hindus dedicate the whole Margazhi month of 30 days only to God’s worship and avoids keeping marriages and other functions in their home.
- Todays Darshan Details of Lord Balaji at Tirumala
- Importance of Tamil month Margazhi
- Praying God at Brahmamuhurtha will give all powers and Energy
- Significance of Amavasya festival in Hinduism
- Hindi God as Guru is Dakshinamurthy for all types of knowledge
- Why we should visit temple frequently?
- Science behind wearing Mangalsutra
- Story about broken tusk of Ganesha
- Worshiping Hindu God's Day wise is special
- Lesser known facts about Goddess Saraswathi
- How to Meditate: Simple Meditation for Beginners
- Is Shani God your Friend or Foe?
- Do you know about auspicious Tamil Month Karthigai?
- Krishna Janmashtami special Importance
- How to lead a Better than, than Bitter life?