According to sources from spiritual side Lord Shiva symbolizes consciousness, the masculine principle. Goddess Shakti symbolizes the feminine principle, the activating power and energy. Whenever a power becomes active, and wherever energy exists, Shakti is working. Other terms for these primal principles are purusha and prakriti; Purusha is consciousness and Prakriti is nature.
Lord Shiva is generally portrayed holding a trident, which represents the trinity of Īshwara, Purusha and Prakriti. Shakti (or Prakriti) means energy, power, movement, change, nature. It is the maternal principle the provider, abundance. In the human as well as in the animal kingdom the mother offers nourishment, warmth and security. There is no greater love than the love of a mother. The mother carries and nourishes the child in her own body. When it is born she provides it with mother’s milk and raises it at the sacrifice of her own self until it becomes self-reliant.
Shiva (or Purusha), on the other hand, is pure
consciousness the unchanging, unlimited and unswayable observer. Purusha has no
desires whatsoever; these are inherent only in Prakriti. Purusha is the empty,
clear screen onto which Prakriti projects her colorful film.
Follow these simple tips for a Happy and Safe Diwali An adult should always supervise the use of fireworks by children. Check the area before igniting fireworks to ensure that all inflammable and combustible materials are removed. Follow all safety precautions issued with the fireworks. Use an incense stick to ignite fireworks. They provide a greater and safer distance between your hands and the fireworks. Keep two buckets full of water handy.
- The Festival of Lights - All the Joy and the Happiness!
- What's the Spiritual Significance of Diwali??
- Diwali - Lighting of our internal with celebrating spiritual wealth
- Lesser known facts about Goddess Saraswathi
- Shiva and Shakti the Consciousness and Energy
- Famous South Indian Temples which every Indian should visit
- Why Lord Balaji's eyes covered??
- Hindu God Dhakshinamurthy for Wealth and Prosperity
- ONLINE QUOTA OF ARJITHA SEVA TICKETS RELEASED
- All you need to know about The History of #ValmikiJayanti
- Scientific reasons behind wearing toe rings
- Significance of Durga Ashtami 2017
- Home without Tulsi plant is incomplete
- Worshiping Hindu God's Day wise is special
- Shirdi airport set for take-off on October 1, three airlines to begin ops