Karthigai Deepam festival is celebrated mainly in Tamilnadu, on Poornima (full moon day) of the Tamizh month Karthigai (mid-November to mid-December) as per Tamil calendar. This tradition can be roughly described as Diwali of the South India, observed as Festival of Lights in every home and every temple.
India is a country of varied culture and traditions. The variety of food, culture, festivals and language make it different from other countries. Karthigai Deepam is a typical festival of lights of the southern part of India and is an extension of Deepavali festival. It is very similar to Bhai Duj or Raksha Bandhan celebrated in other parts of the country. The ideology of the festival is that "the sisters pray for their brothers' well being and the brothers in turn, promise to safeguard the sisters in times of trouble. This festival also involves the lighting of lamps in the homes, temples and the workplace.
Karthigai Deepam is a fantastic festival of Tamil
Nadu which the Tamils never want to miss out. They wait a year around to enjoy
during this time. They have the mouth watering food in homes and go out to see
the decorations in the streets and the homes of the relatives.
Worshiping Hindu God's Day wise is special In Hindu mythology, every day of the week is dedicated to one particular god. Devotees who believe in god worship particular lords every day. So, if you want to worship all avatras and forms of god in particular, you get one whole day to shower your devotion to the god. In short, every day of the week is dedicated to a particular god. For example, Monday is a day which is devoted to Lord Shiva. Tuesday is the day to worship Lord Hanuman, Wednesday to Lord Ganesha etc.
- Lesser known facts about Goddess Saraswathi
- How to Meditate: Simple Meditation for Beginners
- Is Shani God your Friend or Foe?
- Do you know about auspicious Tamil Month Karthigai?
- Krishna Janmashtami special Importance
- How to lead a Better than, than Bitter life?
- Aippasi, Tamil month full of Festivals and Weddings
- What are Amavasya and Purnima?
- Should we be Spiritual in these days?
- All you need to know about Tirupati Temple
- All you need to know about Krishna Janmashtami
- What are all the rituals done during Kanda Sashti?
- Naga Chaturthi - The Festival Story and why is it celebrated?
- Follow these simple tips for a Happy and Safe Diwali
- The Festival of Lights - All the Joy and the Happiness!