Another shocking event took place in the international cricket. A person who follows cricket and its administrative works will be aware of the differences between BCCI and ICC. Amid all these happening , the ICC chairman has resigned for the top post. This will come into immediate effect. Sashank Manohar resigned for the post of BCCI Chairman last year and was elected as the first independent chairman for ICC. MR.Manohar sent his resignation letter to the ICC chief executive David Richardson.
In a letter addressed to ICC chief executive David
Richardson, Manohar said: "I have tried to do my best and have tried to be
fair and impartial in deciding matters in the functioning of the Board and in
matters related to Member Boards along with the able support of all Directors.
"However, for personal reasons it is not possible for me to hold the august office of ICC Chairman and hence I am tendering my resignation as Chairman with immediate effect. I take this opportunity to thank all the Directors, the Management and staff of ICC for supporting me wholeheartedly. I wish ICC all the very best and hope it achieves greater heights in future."
In his dual role as BCCI president and ICC chairman, Manohar was the person behind the move to have an independent chairman head the ICC, the first step of the rollback that he would try to push through. On May 10, 2016, in the wake of the Lodha Committee's report that recommended a severe shake up of the administrative structures of the BCCI, Mahohar quit as board president. Two days later, he was elected unopposed as the first independent chairman of the ICC.
The next step for the ICC executive board will be to appoint an interim chairman, before holding elections to find a permanent candidate. They can decide to hold elections by the next round of board meetings in April, or even before that.
"Even I need rest, I am not a Robot..." Indian Captain Virat Kohli who met the press people ahead of the First Test against the Sri Lankans said that even he is human and he needs rest. The 29-Year-Old Cricketer got angry as the press repeatedly asked him about taking a break.
- #Italy fails to qualify for the World Cup - A shocker as Italy always gets easily qualified since 1958
- Who are you to speak about MS Dhoni? What good you did to Indian team? Netizens blast Agarkar
- Saina Nehwal beats PV Sindhu and wins National Badminton Championship
- #INDvsNZ - Chahal, Pandya, Jasprit Bumrah gifts a victory for India in 8-Over shooter
- Rain to play spoilsport in the decider T20 match?
- It's a FairyTale Ending for #AshishNehra
- India wins Nail biting series decider and clinches the series right at the death
- SHOCKING: Pune Pitch Curator dismisses as he got money from bookies in Manipulating the pitch
- Kohli's 31st Ton goes in Vain as India loses the first ODI against New Zealand
- FIFA U-17 World Cup'17 in India is the Biggest ever with Huge attendance
- Travis Head is looking played a match-winning knock in the second Twenty 20 vs India
- Virat Kohli sets a new record in T20I
- Special message to all fans for Diwali by Yuvraj Singh
- R. Ashwin finds life to be a lot comfortable
- Yuzvendra Chahal dismissed Glenn Maxwell for the fourth consecutive time in the tour