Another shocking event took place in the international cricket. A person who follows cricket and its administrative works will be aware of the differences between BCCI and ICC. Amid all these happening , the ICC chairman has resigned for the top post. This will come into immediate effect. Sashank Manohar resigned for the post of BCCI Chairman last year and was elected as the first independent chairman for ICC. MR.Manohar sent his resignation letter to the ICC chief executive David Richardson.
In a letter addressed to ICC chief executive David
Richardson, Manohar said: "I have tried to do my best and have tried to be
fair and impartial in deciding matters in the functioning of the Board and in
matters related to Member Boards along with the able support of all Directors.
"However, for personal reasons it is not possible for me to hold the august office of ICC Chairman and hence I am tendering my resignation as Chairman with immediate effect. I take this opportunity to thank all the Directors, the Management and staff of ICC for supporting me wholeheartedly. I wish ICC all the very best and hope it achieves greater heights in future."
In his dual role as BCCI president and ICC chairman, Manohar was the person behind the move to have an independent chairman head the ICC, the first step of the rollback that he would try to push through. On May 10, 2016, in the wake of the Lodha Committee's report that recommended a severe shake up of the administrative structures of the BCCI, Mahohar quit as board president. Two days later, he was elected unopposed as the first independent chairman of the ICC.
The next step for the ICC executive board will be to appoint an interim chairman, before holding elections to find a permanent candidate. They can decide to hold elections by the next round of board meetings in April, or even before that.
India pile on runs in the first test against Srilanka Umesh Yadav gave India an early breakthrough after their lower order helped them reach 600 for the first time in a Test innings in Sri Lanka. Having bowled India out just within an hour after lunch, Sri Lanka went to high tea on 38 for 1, with Upul Tharanga and the debutant Danushka Gunathilaka exhibiting of silken off-side strokeplay after the quick early loss of Dimuth Karunaratne.
- Indian cricket team New Coach Announced officially
- #HappyBirthdayMSD-Top winning moments of Dhoni!!
- This 20-Year-Old Woman Cricketer is the NATIONAL CRUSH of YOUNGSTERS !!
- Indian players not worried about losing ICC Champions Trophy
- Virat is NOW VIRAL!!
- Virat Kohli leading India in his first ICC game as a Captain
- Warne challenged Ganguly to a bet
- COA wants Kumble to continue as Indian Coach
- HERE'S WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF IT RAINS DURING THE SEMI-FINALS OF THE CHAMPIONS TROPHY
- Indian Cricket Legends want to be paid for picking the national coach
- "Just give us VIRAT KOHLI and take all our PLAYERS..." says Pakistani Journalist
- Virat Kohli: Ravichandran Ashwin Understands Team Selection Demands
- "I am TOO EXPENSIVE and Indian Cricket can't afford me..."
- Pandya was promoted over Dhoni in the batting order
- Imran Khan says Painful to see Pakistan being thrashed by India